DIY Burlap Table Runner
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the Blogger: "Make this DIY burlap table runner for your home in just minutes. Add a great monogram then sew on some fun ruffles. You will love the rustic country feel of this table runner in your kitchen or dining room. Add this fun DIY burlap table runner to any table in your home. You will love the monogram and ruffles with the rustic feel of the burlap. Plus it is so easy to make! Add that farmhouse feel to your home with this fun craft project."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Burlap Runner
- Black Fabric Paint
- Paint Brush
- Vinyl (any color will work)
- Silhouette, Cricut, or Craft Knife
- White Fabric (any will work)
- Sewing Machine
DIY Project Instructions
Cut out your monogram from the vinyl using an electronic craft cutter or craft knife. I cut mine where it was as close to 12 inches wide as I could get it. On the Cricut, you will need an extra long 12 x 24 mat to accomplish this. Remove the inside of your letter from the vinyl and apply the entire stencil to your burlap. Be sure you have protected the work surface under the burlap as the paint will seep through.
Use black fabric paint and dab onto your monogram with an up and down motion. Make sure you do not get any paint outside of your stencil area.
Paint around the entire DIY monogram letter. Then carefully remove your vinyl from the burlap. Take caution with the wet paint.
Allow to dry then add a white ruffle on both sides with your sewing machine. I ripped strips of a canvas drop cloth to about 5 inches then sewed them while gathering slightly for a ruffled effect.
Add this fun DIY burlap table runner to any table in your home. You will love the monogram and ruffles with the rustic feel of the burlap.
Making this DIY burlap table runner really is super easy! Add that farmhouse feel to your home with this fun craft project.
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- DIY Watercolor Painted Plate
- Pine Cone Easy Table Decoration
- Decorative DIY Glass Craft
- Lovely Table Runner Tutorial
- Geometric DIY Bowl
- Painted Burlap Table Runner
- DIY Teen Room Decor Idea | Felt Banner
- Table Decorations: 40 Centerpieces for Your Tables
- DIY Mason Jar Centerpieces
- Fabulous Flannel and Lace DIY Table Runner
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- His and Hers DIY Mugs
- Valentine's DIY Play Dough
- Valentine Heart DIY Wall Decals
- DIY Stamp Cleaner
- Heart Pompom Wreath
- How to make a Vase from Cardboard Roll
- Faux Flower Stem Heart Wreath
- Polka Dot Coffee Cup DIY
- Wüsthof Urban Farmer Utility Knife
- Blue Jean Planter