- see all comments
"How do you water these, especially with white carpet underneath? Seams like it would be better outside."
"I think this site is awesome I like to clean with out chemicals."
"Such a cute idea"
Rolling Chalky Finish Dorm Room Caddy
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
Dorm rooms are notorious for being cramped, but yours doesn't have to be. Make the most of your space with this Rolling Chalky Finish Dorm Room Caddy. Use this tutorial to create a caddy to store all of those essential dorm room items you need. These instructions are easy enough for beginner crafters to understand, and advanced crafters can customize the paint colors and stencil choices to their own needs. This tutorial is a must for all college students, as well as any DIY-ers in need of clever storage ideas. With this caddy, you can store your items and transfer them from room to room, which is an added bonus we love.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish Paint
Americana Decor® Varnishes
Ultra-Matte Varnish (ADM04)
Traditional Medallion (8.5" x 11") (ASC05)
2" Chip Brush
1" Chip Brush
Rolling Cart (Home Depot)
- (NOTE: Let dry completely between painting steps.) Lay out all wood pieces to be painted onto a drop cloth and remove any dust with a damp paper towel. It is easiest to paint when unassembled.
- Paint the large pieces (which will be the front panel, back panel, and top of the cart) with two coats of DecoArt Americana Decor® Chalky Finish in Treasure.
- Paint the smaller pieces (the shelves and the side rails) with two coats of Fortune.
- Paint the Traditional Medallion stencil across the entire top piece of wood, using Fortune and a cosmetic sponge, to resemble a wallpaper pattern. You will need to reposition the stencil each time, in order to create such a pattern. Use only part of the stenciled design along the edges. Use a light hand: some spots will be lighter than others.
- Paint the Traditional Medallion stencil designs all over the front panel in Fortune. In some cases, use only part of a stencil design for added interest.
Seal all of the wood pieces using DecoArt Americana Decor Ultra-Matte Varnish.
Assemble the dorm room caddy according to package instructions.
Read NextAmazing Wardrobe Furniture Makeover
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Rustic Circle DIY Shelf
Weve discovered the secret to combining rustic with recyclable. This Rustic Circle DIY Shelf is the perfect way to bring a rustic and… Continue reading: "Rustic Circle DIY Shelf"
- Amazing Wardrobe Furniture Makeover
- Gorgeous Ombre IKEA Dresser Hack
- Color Splash DIY File Cabinet Makeover
- Bamboo Desk DIY Makeover
- Antique Window DIY Coffee Table
- Shabby Chic Card Table Makeover
- Side Table DIY Furniture Makeover
- DIY Spray Paint Trunk Makeover
- Vintage French Furniture Makeover
- DIY Hanging Pallet Wood Shelf
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Free Pattern: Simplest Crochet Dish Towel
- How To: Crochet A Dish Towel (free Pattern)
- Simple Makeup Remover Pad Crochet Pattern
- Grit Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Thermal Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Moss Crochet Ear Warmer Pattern
- Spa Makeup Remover Pad Crochet Pattern
- Easy Makeup Remover Pad Crochet Pattern
- Coaster Crochet Pattern Using Moss Stitch
- Coaster Crochet Pattern With Lemon Peel Stitch