- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
DIY Hanging Pallet Wood Shelf
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
This DIY Hanging Pallet Wood Shelf is a fun and functional way to dress up a bare wall while landing yourself some extra decorating space. It's easy to re-create these floating shelves at home with materials you probably already have in your garage. The rope accents give the shelf a rustic look and the wood can be stained or painted any color to go with your room's decorating scheme. Floating shelves can retail for big bucks at furniture stores, so spare your wallet and pick up a pallet for this thrifty DIY alternative!
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
Read NextVintage French Furniture Makeover
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Mar 19, 2017
Such a fun project! The minute I saw this I knew that it was going to be perfect for our youngest daughters bedroom. With a couple of improvisations we had all the materials required and it took me a total of 2 hours. Unfortunately I am having trouble posting a photo but she loves it and has named it Ted Bears Shelf after her favorite bear that is now sitting in his new position above her bed.
Mar 19, 2017
We have an old cottage by the sea. Well it is really more of an old shack that we are forcing into becoming a cottage, lol! The major job that we have carefully been avoiding for years is the kitchen because we know what a big job it is going to be and we can not afford to hire someone to do it for us. Thank you for this great tutorial! The wonkiness of our cottage has been the biggest problem we have identified and this project has given us the confidence and help we need!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Chic Mid-Century Garden Trellis
Add some style and flair to your garden when you build this Chic Mid-Century Garden Trellis! The design is inspired by the aesthetics… Continue reading: "Chic Mid-Century Garden Trellis"
- Vintage French Furniture Makeover
- Farmhouse Chic Furniture Makeover
- Color Splash DIY File Cabinet Makeover
- Dresser Makeover
- Gorgeous Ombre IKEA Dresser Hack
- Fresh Filing Cabinet Makeover
- Easy Distressing Furniture Tutorial
- Mid-Century Modern Dorm Room Dresser Makeover
- DIY Hanging Pallet Wood Shelf
- Hallway DIY Console Table
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Recycled Tin Can Fairy Wagon
- Large Bead Drogonfly
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Crochet Textured Granny Square Block
- Free Printable Beach Coloring Page
- Free Printable Pig Coloring Pages
- Easy Rosemary Gin Fizz Recipe
- Fun Summer Jokes For Kids Plus Free Printable
- Free Printable Octopus Coloring Pages
- Easy Berry Slab Pie