Chalky Finish Nightstand Refurbish
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Revamp your old nightstand with this Chalky Finish Nightstand Refurbish tutorial. By the time you finish this tutorial, you'll have a beautiful nightstand that will match any bedroom. The transformation from dingy old side table to modern nightstand is truly incredible; and, you'll enjoy the process of completing your very own DIY furniture restoration. This tutorial will give you easy-to-understand instructions for renovating this nightstand; so, you don't have to be an advanced DIY-er to try your hand at this tutorial. With this project, all crafters can spruce up their nightstands so they look like new again.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Americana Decor® Chalky Finish Paint
Americana Decor® Crème Waxes
Americana Decor® Stencils
Old French Script (ADS10)
Glues and Adhesives
Americana® Wood Filler (DS103)
2" Flat Brush
Saw (Table Saw Is Best)
Wooden Board (1" x 6" Shown)
1" Stencil Brush
- (Note: Let dry completely between painting steps.) Measure drawer fronts and top. Subtract how much of the original drawer fronts and top will remain showing. For this finished piece, it was about an 1/8".
Cut pieces of wood to match measurements. Shown: 1" x 6" boards striped down to fit using a table saw for the drawers. For the top, there are three 1" x 6" boards together to create a planked look.
Optional: Use a router to create a more decorative look on wood.
Glue and clamp your wood pieces onto the original wood.
Fill any cracks or holes with Americana Wood Filler. Lightly sand the piece so it is ready to paint.
Optional: prime all visible areas. If skipped, this could lead to more paint layers. Let primer dry before painting.
Paint all visible areas in Primitive.
Mix a small amount of Relic with Primitive. This will create a more subtle stenciled image. If a darker image is desired, use straight Relic or a larger amount of Relic in mixture.
Stencil on Old French Script on top and front of drawers. Remove stencil while paint is still wet.
Once paint is dry, sand off any areas where paint puddled.
Wax all painted surfaces with Clear Creme Wax.
Measure drawer fronts for hardware. Pre-drill holes for hardware. Use a drill bit slightly smaller than the hardware screws. Apply hardware and insert drawers into nightstand slots.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- DIY Hanging Pallet Wood Shelf
- Rustic Industrial DIY Night Stand
- Easy Distressing Furniture Tutorial
- Metallic Gold Side Table Makeover
- Farmhouse Chic Furniture Makeover
- $20 Sofa Paint Makeover
- Antique Window DIY Coffee Table
- Nautical Dresser Furniture Makeover
- Bamboo Desk DIY Makeover
- Tips for Staining a Farmhouse Table
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath