Outdoor DIY Sun Loungers
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
It doesn't get much better than lounging in the sun on a warm summer day with a drink by your side. This Outdoor DIY Sun Loungers project shows how you can upcycle some old hunting chairs into cute DIY outdoor chairs. Use this project as inspiration for your own comfortable outdoor seating project. With some spray paint and new seat covers, these hunting chairs are totally transformed from dirty, plain looking hunting chairs to vibrant, fun lounging chairs. Check out this project to learn how to revamp chairs.
Note from the designer: "Finding these old goose hunting chairs in our barn my brain immediately started working on how I could make them useful for us! They just screamed for a fun makeover so I transformed them into sun loungers for our backyard! We love our backyard sun loungers, they're so comfortable the only complaint is that once you get down there you don't ever want to get back up!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Project TypeMake a Project
- Rustoleum outdoor spray paint
- Outdoor table cloths (or any outdoor fabric would do)
- Outdoor twine (or any outdoor rope would work fine)
- Old goose hunting chairs
DIY Project Instructions
After cutting off the old fabric I scrubbed the steel frames down with steel wool and cleaned them fully.
One coat of Rustoleum spray paint was all that was needed to fully cover the frames.
I covered the seats and backs with twine by running it back and foreth a thousand times to create a tough and durable structure that would be comfortable.
To hide the seats and backs I used outdoor table cloths cut to size (and then doubled over for strength) and tied in the backs. So easy and so cute!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Bars With Essential Oils
- How to Grow Black Eyed Susans
- Modern Farmhouse Dining Room Table
- Heart Garland For Valentine's Day (+no Sew Version)
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs
- Easy Crochet Flower
- Printable Valentine's Day Word Scramble
- Aldi Reusable Shopping Bag
- Printable Sports Word Search
- Easy Valentine’s Day Fox Craft For Kids