This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Beachy Backyard DIY Fire Pit
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Even if you don’t live by a beach, you can bring a part of the beach to your backyard. Check out this Beachy Backyard DIY Fire Pit. This tutorial will show you how to make a fire pit that won’t break bank and won’t fill up with grass and weeds. With this homemade fire pit, there’s no need to move your furniture when you mow the lawn. This outdoor project takes time and effort, but the end result will make your life easier. This fire pit is very low maintenance and will make you feel like you are lounging on a beach. You can’t say that about every fire pit!
From the blogger: "First thing I thought of first was function: I hated having to move all of our yard furniture every time we mowed so I wanted something our furniture could sit on. Second thing was safety, I wanted a fire pit we didn’t have to worry about still smoldering a little bit when we went to bed. Also, I didn’t want a fire pit that (if not used) would fill full of grass and weeds. Everything pointed to the fact that my dad had a leftover pile of beach sand on his property that he wanted us to get rid of for him. Well, that basically did it: we were gonna make ourselves a beach and it was going to be a totally awesome totally free backyard transformation!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Landscapers fabric
DIY Project Instructions
Cut and remove the sod wherever you are going to want the sand to go.
Cover with landscapers fabric.
Cover landscapers fabric with sand.
Read Next28 DIY Outdoor Projects You'll Adore
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- 28 Outdoor Projects
- Reusable DIY Hand Warmers
- Garden DIY Stepping Stones
- Simple DIY Teacup Birdfeeder
- Homemade Shower Camping Hack
- Stylish Wood Round Path Project
- Rainbow Homemade Wind Chimes
- Beautiful Pallet DIY Hose Holder and Planter
- Adorable and Affordable DIY Porch Swing
- Charming DIY Solar Lamp Post
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Snowman Top Hat Jenga Block Ornaments
- Free Christmas Gifts List Template Printable
- Crochet For A Cure
- How To Makeover End Tables
- Christmas Painted Mason Jars
- Easiest Crochet Chunky Blanket Quick Christmas Gift Idea
- Snowman Christmas Countdown Calendar
- Basket Snowman Craft
- Turkey Bookmark
- Paper Cup Elf