- see all comments
"How do you water these, especially with white carpet underneath? Seams like it would be better outside."
"I think this site is awesome I like to clean with out chemicals."
"Such a cute idea"
Peppermint Antibacterial DIY Cleaning Spray
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
If it always seems like cold season in your home, then you need something to keep the germs and bacteria at bay. Try this Peppermint Antibacterial DIY Cleaning Spray for a handy tool to keep your home clean. Not only does peppermint essential oil smell fresh, but it also has antibacterial fighting properties. This is an affordable, natural cleaning recipe that can be used as an all-purpose cleaner for the whole house. It’s also incredibly easy to make; you only need five ingredients! Make sure to shake the bottle well before each use.
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
Project TypeMake a Project
Questions for the Editor
Can peppermint oil be used for cleaning? Yes! Like tea tree oil, peppermint oil has natural disinfectant properties. It can be a great addition to natural cleaning products.
Can you mix vinegar and peppermint oil? Yes. For a great natural household cleaner, mix equal parts white vinegar and distilled water in an 8 oz. spray bottle. Add 10-15 drops of peppermint essential oil and enjoy! Use on hard, nonporous surfaces like countertops, door handles, and more.
Important! Use caution with granite or natural stone countertops! Peppermint oil and other types of natural cleaners, especially vinegar, can damage natural stone.
Read NextHomemade Miracle Bathroom Cleaner
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
May 29, 2018
I like this idea. I like sanitizing surface in my home all year round, but I hate the waste of anti-bac wipes, and the harshness of chemical sprays. This is a perfect solution.
Jan 04, 2017
I love peppermint, and I love this idea. We'll have to give it a go.
Dec 29, 2016
What a great DIY cleaner for winter! Your home will be clean and smell like peppermint!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display
"Today, I created a wall mounted fruit basket display in our pantry. I was first inspired by this beautiful wire basket display that I… Continue reading: "Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display"
- Homemade Miracle Bathroom Cleaner
- Homemade Drain Cleaner
- DIY Reusable Dryer Sheets
- Peppermint Antibacterial DIY Cleaning Spray
- The Best Way to Remove Soap Scum
- 10 Homemade Cleaners
- Homemade Rust Remover
- How to Detox and Deep Clean Your Bedroom
- How to Make an Air Freshener
- Budget-Friendly Homemade Laundry Detergent
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Cute Cactus Coloring Pages
- Free Chicken Coloring Pages And Activities For Kids
- Easy Air Fryer Sweet Potato Recipe
- Printable Big Flower Coloring Pages
- A Fast Throw Pattern, Free Crochet Pattern
- Free Printable April Coloring Pages
- Free Printable Candy Dice Game For Easter
- Coffee Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- Fun Easter Sensory Bin For Toddlers And Preschoolers
- Cute Paper Plate Chick Craft For Kids