This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
How to Keep Your Shoes Fresh
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Do you have smelly shoes that stink up a whole room? Avoid the embarrassment with these easy ways to keep your shoes smell fresh! Sometimes shoes smell while you’re wearing them and make even your feet smell bad. A good rule of thumb is to make sure your feet are clean and dry before wearing shoes. Also try and wear socks (preferably cotton) every time you put your shoes on and don’t wear the same pair of shoes two days in a row. Use these tips to keep your shoes staying fresh and dry all the time and they’ll never reach that stinky phase."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextDIY Wool Dryer Balls
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Oct 08, 2018
I swear by the tea bag method. It's always worked well for my gym shoes but I'd try some of these other methods too. Most importantly though, you should try to prevent the smelly shoes by wearing socks and dry shoes. Shoes from the gym or everymorning run can get damp from sweat and stink.
Sep 26, 2017
Should I follow all the steps listed or I can do just one of them?
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
DIY Floating Bathroom Vanity
It's easy for our bathrooms to look cluttered with the items we use every day. If you want to try a minimalist approach, check out… Continue reading: "DIY Floating Bathroom Vanity"
- DIY Wool Dryer Balls
- How to Polish Wood Using a Candle
- How to Clean a Coffee Grinder With Rice
- How to Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
- Two Ingredient Wood Butter
- Alternatives to Mothballs (And Why You Should Use Them)
- 10 Homemade Cleaners
- Incredibly Simple Homemade Silver Polish
- How to Clean a Mattress with Baking Soda
- Cheap Homemade Laundry Detergent Tabs
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Red White And Blue Layered Slush Recipe
- Printable Graduation Word Scramble
- Diy Plant Markers With Mason Jar Lids
- Googly Eyes Bowl
- Easy And Simple Filet Crochet Table Runner
- Twist Wire Headband
- Cream And Honey Whipped Soap Diy
- Copycat Animal Sauce