Homemade Carpet Cleaner Solutions for Every Mess
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Looking to get your carpet clean? Try our homemade carpet cleaning solutions—you can get everything you need for these DIY cleaners from your cabinets. These solutions are mostly all natural; and, you probably already have all the ingredients for these concoctions in your home. Get those carpets sparkling clean in no time at all. Give these homemade carpet cleaning solutions a try in your home. These cleaners will get rid of even the most stubborn of stains. You will be amazed at the results!"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
Shake the mixture well to mix, then spray on your carpet liberally. Allow to dry, then vacuum your carpet. Hopefully your stain is long gone. If not, read on and try one of our other solutions for carpet cleaning.
Mix a few drops of lemon essential oil with baking soda. Apply to the stain and let it set for at least a few hours. Mix distilled white vinegar equally with water and spray on the baking soda. The spot will fizz with the chemical reaction. Lay a rag over the stain and press to help remove. You may have to repeat this a few times on stubborn stains. Hopefully you will reveal a new looking carpet with no stains after this application.
No luck? Next on our list of homemade carpet cleaning solutions uses things that almost everyone will have on hand at all times. Mix ¾ cup of peroxide, 2 teaspoons of baking soda and 1 squirt of dish washing liquid. Scrub the stain with the mixture and rinse well.
Finally, if you have a stubborn stain that is not gone, try mixing corn starch and distilled white vinegar together until it forms a paste. Apply the paste to the stain and allow it to dry. Scrape with a knife and use a vacuum to remove the excess.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
"This chalkboard mason jar vase is so easy and perfect for weddings. Trust me when I say you can make this fun vase in minutes." Continue reading: "Quick Chalkboard Mason Jar Vase"
- Essential Oil Homemade Cleaning Wipes
- Homemade Miracle Bathroom Cleaner
- How to Make Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
- 10 Homemade Cleaners
- Coffee Grounds Garbage Disposal Deodorizer
- Two Ingredient Wood Butter
- How to Remove Tough Stains
- Easy Homemade Toilet Bowl Cleaner
- Homemade Air Freshener Gel
- Easy Homemade Bathroom Cleaner
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Thanksgiving Craft With Clay Pots
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Printable Fall Mazes
- Printable I Spy Jack-o-lantern
- 3 Ingredient Monster Air Fryer Halloween Donuts
- Printable Fall Word Scramble
- Halloween Paper Bags
- Apple Pie Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- The Ghoster Coaster
- Remote Caddy - Beginner Diy