We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Wouldn't it be great if you could save money on something you'll be buying for the rest of your life? You can do just that with this Budget-Friendly Homemade Laundry Detergent! When you take the time to learn how to make laundry detergent, you start to save every time you choose to DIY your detergent rather than buy it from the store. There's no reason not to at least give it a try; remember, you'll be doing laundry for the rest of your life. That's a lot of detergent. Make it DIY detergent and keep those extra bucks in your wallet.
From the blogger: "This recipe is so easy to make that my husband does it for us! It makes four gallons so it lasts us a good six months and it only costs $3.50!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Half a bar of grated soap
- 1 cup of Arm & Hammer Super Washing Soda
- 1 cup of Borax
- 4 – 1 Gallon Jugs
DIY Laundry Detergent Instructions
How to Make Laundry Detergent
Put a big pot on the stove with about half a gallon of water in it and add all three ingredients, use a long handled spoon and DON’T boil it!
Just keep stirring it around medium or lower heat until everything dissolves. Let it cool a little (If you let it cool too much it will become gelatinous) and then use a funnel and evenly distribute the laundry detergent into the four 1 gallon jugs.
And then carefully fill them up the rest of the way with your sink water running as hot as possible.
Be careful filling them because there will be lots of suds! I usually just do a hot water trickle back and forth between them until they’re full and then you are done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Coffee Grounds Garbage Disposal Deodorizer
- Homemade Gel Air Freshener
- 10 Homemade Cleaners
- Homemade Miracle Bathroom Cleaner
- Peppermint Antibacterial DIY Cleaning Spray
- Budget-Friendly Homemade Laundry Detergent
- Alternatives to Mothballs (And Why You Should Use Them)
- 10 Spring Cleaning Tips
- DIY Wrinkle Release Spray
- DIY Reusable Dryer Sheets
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Simple DIY Drawer Organizers
- Diy Reversible Bucket Hat
- How To Make Green Tea Bombs
- Lemon Poppy Seed Cake Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Quiche Cups
- Free Printable DIY Garden Markers
- Easy Mother’s Day Gift: A Motherhood Journal Jar
- Free Camping Coloring Pages And Activity Pages For Kids
- Tie Dye Design Handmade Soap
- Free Printable Vegetable Planting Calendar