Unique Jar DIY Light Bulb Covers
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I have a certain amount of “extra” electrical wire laying around from when I ran all of the electrical in our home during the renovation and I’ve been recycling it into various projects by stripping it down to the bare copper wires. I love copper, it is so pretty! I also have a whole pile of leftover jars (some Mason, some not) that my grandma left behind in her passing so I went through them all and came up with enough matching jars to do the whole basement!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Jar of any kind that is large enough to cover the light bulb you are using
- Copper wire or any kind of wire that is sturdy enough
- Wire cutters
DIY Project Instructions
Cut a length of wire that is long enough to wrap around the mouth of the jar and over the top of the light box.
Twist the wire tightly around the mouth of the jar then cut a small piece of wire to create your loop.
Run the loop under the wire that is already wrapped around the mouth of the jar and twist it off creating your loop.
Loop the wire over the top of the light box carefully inserting the bulb into the jar.
Run your wire into your loop and tighten by twisting the jar on top the light.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
- Apartment Friendly Countertop DIY
- Wooden DIY Picture Shelf
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- How to Paint a Chandelier
- Master Bedroom Fireplace Makeover
- Duct Tape Organizer
- Sturdy DIY Pallet Bike Rack
- Metallic Upcycled Storage Containers
- Modern Triangular DIY Nail Polish Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath