This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"How do you water these, especially with white carpet underneath? Seams like it would be better outside."
"I think this site is awesome I like to clean with out chemicals."
"Such a cute idea"
How to Make a Mason Jar Light
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I love mason jars. I mean deeply love mason jars. I have for many, many years. Way before it was popular on Pinterest. I have drooled and lusted for a mason jar light for over a year. Little did I know that I could make one in just minutes. Minutes? Yes minutes! Don’t be scared! You can do it too! You will be amazed at just how easy to is to make a mason jar light."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Jar Pendant Light Kit
- Mason jar (regular or one with bottom removed)
- Light bulb (use low wattage)
DIY Project Instructions
Yes just three simple supplies. And a super simple tutorial as well. In fact, you can see just how to make a mason jar light in the video my website!
So simple right? You literally just screw in the bulb and screw on your mason jar. CAUTION: I used a very low wattage bulb to prevent the jar from getting too hot. You can also get open bottom mason jars that help let the heat escape. You can even try cutting the bottoms off of the jar yourself
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Aug 07, 2017
I made this for above my desk and I love it! It looks super cool when you have all the lights turned off except this one. Plus it does a great job lighting my desk area up so I can see what I'm doing.
Jun 01, 2017
Mason jars are pretty easy to come by and sometimes you can get a really good deal at a garage sale or flea market. I think making several using a variety of vintage jars and arranging them into a chandelier formation would look really cool too and at a fraction of the cost of a ready made store bought variety. Great and clever idea!
May 02, 2017
This is such a cool DIY project! I love the rustic fashion of this mason jar light.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project
It is amazing how the smallest things can make a big difference! This Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project is absolutely charming and you… Continue reading: "Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project"
- Under the Sink Organization From the Dollar Store
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- 32 DIY Organization Ideas
- How to Make a Cabinet Out of Pallets
- DIY Trash Bin Pallet Cabinet
- Diamond Shaped DIY Book Shelves
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How to Organize Your Garage
- DIY Slide-Out Shelves
- 20 Helpful Laundry Ideas
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Refreshing Avobath Cold Process Soap Diy
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Easy Buttered Noodles Recipe
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Printable Basketball Maze