34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement
This list of DIY home improvement ideas has everything you need to add something new to your old home.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Perhaps the one thing everyone can agree on is that our attempts at home improvement are never really complete. If you live in a space, you always want to improve things. Whether it's organization, wall paint, designs, tables, vanities, cabinets, or fixing various little things around your home, your need to DIY is never finished. Hopefully, this collection will help. We have put together 34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement.
With this collection, you will find so many easy and affordable projects that will help create that perfect home. Most can be completed in a few hours or a weekend!
Start small, such as choosing the best way to organize the items in your room or the room itself. Then move on to improving the walls. We have a lot of DIY home improvement ideas that include wall painting, as well as other creative ways to finish your rooms. After that, consider updating the cabinets in your kitchens, vanities in your bathrooms, and tables throughout your rooms.
Then comes the little things. Sometimes small steps are the best improvements. Don't let that slow draning sink bother you for weeks. Instead, fix it yourself and feel the satisfaction of a job well done. Plus these home improvement projects will save you money on hiring a professional!
If you have been looking for DIY projects for home improvements, this is the collection for you. There are DIY projects for home decor, organization, and more!
Plus, if you want even more easy home improvement ideas, subscribe to our free e-newsletter and get DIY ideas delivered directly to your inbox!
Table of Contents
Easy DIY Projects for Home Organization
Get organized! Organization may be the most important aspect of a happy home. When your space is organized, your mind feels more organized and at ease. Nothing is more stressful than looking over at your workspace, kitchen pantry, or laundry room and feeling like it's in such disarray that you can't use it.
These organization projects will help you with those issues and more! The best part is that these projects make it easy to keep up with the organization system you have established. Check out the DIY Mudroom Lockers, which is an awesome DIY project that will encourage the kids to keep it clean and have fun doing it, too.
Best of all, most of these ideas qualify as beginner home improvement projects. So you don't need prior experiences to build smart organization for your home!
- DIY Mudroom Lockers
Organize your coats and boots with these smart mudroom lockers! You'll love how everything has its place, including backpacks, in this DIY home project.
- Terrarium Desk Organizer
Spruce up your home workspace with this super cute terrarium desk organizer. It's adorable, and it keeps all of your pens and sticky notes tidy.
- How to Organize Your Kitchen
We're not sure how our kitchens always manage to collect so much clutter. But we are happy to report that some organization solutions can help a lot! Try these simple tips for improving, and organizing, your kitchen.
- Small Laundry Room Design
Is your laundry room "fun sized?" Try one of these clever ideas for getting the most out of a small laundry room. This is one of our favorite weekend home improvement projects because it will make such an impact in your day-to-day life!
- Rustic Wooden DIY Cubbies
DIY woodworking projects like these can seem intimidating, but they're actually easy to accomplish. And we adore the finished design, which will complement almost any decor.
- How to Organize Your Garage
It's easy for your garage to get a little messy, but these organization techniques can really turn things around! These easy home improvement ideas for your garage will have your space neat and tidy in no time.
- Rolling Pantry DIY Kitchen Storage
Revamp your kitchen and give yourself some extra space for goodies with this Rolling Pantry DIY Kitchen Storage tutorial. Adding a few DIY storage ideas to your kitchen is great way to save space and save yourself from an over-cluttered kitchen.
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
These easy cardboard shelves are a simple and stylish way to add more organization to any space in your home. They are lightweight and affordable, and you really couldn't ask for a better home improvement tutorial!
- Rustic DIY Silverware Holder
We're always looking for cute way to organize silverware, and this project is a great idea. It's also easy to personalize this project to complement your own home's color scheme.
- Kitchen Solution DIY Storage Shelf
Tidy up your counter with this smart storage shelf solution. It's so easy to make, and we love the look of it in almost any room.
Ready to focus on your living room? Try these easy projects that will give your space a fresh new look. 47 Transformative Living Room Ideas
DIY Wall Decor & Wall Improvements
Take a glance! What is the first thing people notice in a room? The walls in your rooms are most likely the first thing people will notice, especially if they look bad. With these amazing projects, you'll find a lot of innovative ways to fix up your walls so that they are the first thing people notice, but with admiration!
Perhaps you want to paint a cool pattern, create texture, install a faux fireplace, or add a crown molding. All of these ideas and more are below. You will be amazed at how easily you can improve the look of your room with one of these fantastic DIY wall decor projects. One of the best ways to get the most out of DIY home improvement ideas is to create something for a high-traffic area. Consider adding new wall art to your living room or dining room for guests to enjoy.
- DIY Faux Fireplace
This DIY faux fire place will make your space feel elegant and cozy, all without the mess and expense of a real fire place. It's such an easy DIY home improvement project.
- Rustic Pallet Board World Map
Pallet crafts are popular right now, and it's easy to see why! This beautiful wall art can be made using materials that are affordable and easy to find. It doesn't get any better than that.
- Affordable How to Shiplap Tutorial
Shiplap is on trend, and we're here to show you how to get it in your own home! This simple (and affordable) DIY can be completed in no time at all.
- Nordic DIY Wall Art
This super simple wall art DIY is a quick way to restyle any room in the house. We love the minimalist design. It's one of our favorite DIY projects for home decor.
- How to Paint a Chevron Wall
Looking to make a decorating statement for only a few dollars? This impressive chevron wall tutorial is exactly what you've been looking for.
- DIY Wainscoting Panels
This easy decorating project will add elegance to any space. It's perfect for dining rooms, but you can also use it anywhere you want to add a touch of class!
- Beautiful Pallet DIY Wall Art
We just love the colors on this art project! The blues and greens look so beautiful against the pallet wood. However, you could easily change it up to match the color scheme you have in your house.
Weekend DIY Home Remodeling Ideas
Wait...there's more! Does the idea of remodeling on your own make you nervous? Remodeling kitchens or bathrooms can seem like daunting tasks, but these projects make it easy to start. Make over your countertops, tables, or vanities or learn how to install new ones. Or, maybe you want a kitchen island for that open space in your kitchen.
These easy-to-follow tutorials help you every step of the way until you step back and realize you've done it. Projects like these help save you money and teach you the new DIY skills that will continue to improve your life and living spaces.
- Minimalist Reclaimed Wood Table
If you're an experienced DIY-er on the hunt for a dining room table, then look no further! This project will give your dining room that effortlessly chic vibe you love so much.
- Coral Painted DIY Bathroom Vanity
Don't you just love the color of this bathroom DIY project? It's so bright and cheerful, and it's a great solution for almost any space.
- No Saw DIY Tile Countertop
Changing your kitchen countertop can completely update the look of your space. Try this easy DIY home improvement project for an update you'll wish you'd done years ago.
- Budget-Friendly Kitchen Homemade Backsplash
The backsplash is another part of your kitchen that is easy to update! This inexpensive project will make your space feel fresh and modern.
- Kitchen Island DIY
We could all use more space in the kitchen, right? This DIY is a great way to get it! Make your own kitchen island using this easy-to-follow tutorial.
- How to Install a Vanity
Upgrade your bathroom using this simple home improvement tutorial. There's no need to live with that dated sink and countertop, when you can install a new one yourself!
- DIY Concrete Countertops
Have you thought about putting concrete countertops in your kitchen? This affordable material can be a great, stylish option.
- How to Add Wallpaper to Kitchen Cabinets
This super easy kitchen decor project can be done in just a few hours. You can also customize it to match any decor, so the possibilities are truly endless.
These bathroom remodel projects are so smart, and they look amazing! You should give one of them a try the next time you're ready for a weekend renovation. DIY Bathroom Ideas: 22 Marvelous DIY Bathroom Decor Ideas
More Affordable Home Improvement Projects
Oh, the little things. This section is full of the random small projects that will further improve your space. If you just want a small touch up here or there, or want to learn DIY improvements such as unclogging drains or replacing hinges on doors, we have projects that will aid you in learning just that.
Plus, these DIY home improvement projects will save you money. Skip the bill from the plumber by learning how to unclog your own sink, and keep your couch fresh for longer using these smart cleaning tips!
And don't forget to learn How to Paint on Concrete, which may come in handy for basements or garages.
- How to Get Dog Smell Out of Couch
As much as we love our furry friends, they can get a little smelly at times. You don't have to worry about that now, with this simple tutorial.
- How to Unclog a Sink
You'll love these chemical-free solutions to this common house problem. You probably already have everything you need for this quick project.
- How to Make Hinges on a Budget
Sometimes hardware stores simply don't have the hinges you need for a project, but if that happens, there's no need to panic. With this DIY hinge tutorial, you can learn How to Make Hinges on a Budget.
- How to Make a Wooden House Number Sign
Curb appeal is such an important part of home decor. Spruce up the exterior of your home with this adorable project.
- How to Paint on Concrete
Painting is one of the most economical ways to change up a space. Learn how to paint on concrete, and enjoy the bright new colors in your home.
- How to Change a Door Knob
Changing a door knob might be a decorative decision or a practical decision. Either way, this smart tutorial will help you complete the project in no time at all.
- How to Paint Kitchen Cabinets
This is a very economical project, but it is important to get all of the details right! This step-by-step tutorial will help you paint your kitchen cabinets like a pro.
- How to Remove Popcorn Ceiling
Popcorn ceilings were all the rage at one time. But now you may want to update your older home with a more modern look. This tutorial will help you do that!
How Do I Budget for Home Improvements?
Updating your home can be stressful, but good budget planning can help ease money-related worries. Here are our top tips for creating a budget for your home improvement projects.
- Start with a description of the project you have in mind. Do you want to repaint your kitchen cabinets? Upgrade your countertops? Both? Write down the scope of your project, including any component that will have a cost attached. If you are planning a large remodel, check out some additional resources to make sure you aren't overlooking any hidden projects associated with a really big project.
- If you are planning to DIY your home improvements, then make a spreadsheet of all the materials you will need to complete your project and their costs. Create a total estimated cost for your project. If you plan to hire a contractor, then research reputable companies and request bids for your project. Be sure to check online peer reviews and references for any contractor you hire, and remember that large projects often run into unexpected expenses. Plan for the possibility of an extra 15%-20% cost over the quote you choose.
- Do you have enough money on hand for the project? If so, great! If not, then you can consider taking out a loan of some kind to cover the costs of the project. As with any loan, you will need to make a judgment call about whether you will be able to comfortably pay it back. If you don't have enough money for your project, and it does not make sense to take out a loan, then you'll need to find some ways to cut back on your project. Consider doing more of the work yourself, if you are qualified, or trading luxury finishes for more affordable alternatives. You can also scale back your project a lot by realizing that there are lots of affordable ways to improve your home! The ideas above are budget-friendly, and you will also be surprised by what a difference a coat of paint can make. With the right projects, just a few hundred dollars can totally transform a space!
Which room in your home are you most likely to craft a home improvement project for?
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Images from other DIYers
Project of the Day
Get the look of a pallet-backed bookcase without the hassle with this DIY Rustic Faux Wood Backed Bookcase. The secret is… Continue reading: "DIY Rustic Faux Wood Backed Bookcase"
- Secret Wall DIY Storage Shelf
- Upcycled DIY Plastic Storage Jars
- Painted Pallet Crate DIY Shelves
- Decorative DIY Organization Jar
- Top 100 Easy DIY Projects of 2019
- 34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- Rustic Hanging DIY Barn Door
- Kitchen Countertop Makeover With Floor Paint
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Homemade Shaving Cream Recipe
- Printable Rainbow Coloring Page
- Garden Stone Cookies To Celebrate Mother's Day!
- Easy Fairy Wand Craft
- Marbled Easter Egg Art
- Small Gift Ideas For Any Occassion
- Tie-dye Pillow
- Free Mother’s Day Printable Coupon Cards
- 10 Min Seamless Panty Sewing Pattern
- Diy Driftwood Heart