This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"How do you water these, especially with white carpet underneath? Seams like it would be better outside."
"I think this site is awesome I like to clean with out chemicals."
"Such a cute idea"
DIY Private Fence Room Divider
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Hey guys, well you’ve already heard me rant and rave about the terrible place our electrician put our electric panel: Right by our front door! I had been at the drawing board about this problem all last winter before I finally had a light bulb moment! We had one extra fence panel leftover from when we put up our privacy fence so I thought I could make something like a room divider out of it… I got to work."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Privacy fence panel
- White paint and brush
- Six outdoor hinges
- Outdoor screws
- Electric drill/screw driver
- Reciprocating saw (or jig saw or even a hand saw would work fin here)
DIY Project Instructions
Cut your fence panel into three separate panels for a three sided divider like the one shown here (I cut it so there would be four slats a piece on each panel)
Screw two of the panels together with three hinges then flip it all over and attach the third panel with the same treatment but attaching the hinges on the other side (so it hinges in opposite directions)
Dry brush the white paint all over it
Put it in place.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project
It is amazing how the smallest things can make a big difference! This Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project is absolutely charming and you… Continue reading: "Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project"
- Under the Sink Organization From the Dollar Store
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- 32 DIY Organization Ideas
- How to Make a Cabinet Out of Pallets
- DIY Trash Bin Pallet Cabinet
- Diamond Shaped DIY Book Shelves
- Make Your Own Rectangle Crochet Basket
- How to Organize Your Garage
- DIY Slide-Out Shelves
- 20 Helpful Laundry Ideas
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Textured Crochet Fleece Blanket
- Quick & Easy: Crochet Throw Pattern
- Printable Hello Spring Coloring Page
- Beginner Throw (free Crochet Pattern)
- Egg-scellent Easter Egg Coloring Pages
- Refreshing Avobath Cold Process Soap Diy
- Fun Bee Coloring Pages
- Easy Buttered Noodles Recipe
- Fun Easter Coloring Pages
- Printable Basketball Maze