We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you are itching to do a woodworking project, or simply need new cabinets but can't afford them, then you have to check out this DIY Kitchen Cabinets walk-through. Kitchen cabinets are an absolute must-have; and, when you build your own you can customize them to your exact preferences so you use the space available as effectively as possible. Building kitchen cabinets may sound like an intimidating project, but once you have the finished product you will be filled with pride every time you look at them (and every time you look at how much money you saved).
From the blogger: "This was truly a labor of love and something that absolutely terrified me. We couldn't afford to buy kitchen cabinets and though my heart wanted me to find solid and old salvaged cabinets I knew with how wonky our house was (at 100 years old nothing is perfectly level anymore) that I really didn't have any choice but to bite the bullet and just dive in! I think they turned out wonderful!"
Note from the designer: "We're happy with our kitchen cabinets now. They were not hard to build I would just stress to make absolutely certain that you get they screwed into studs. If our house hadn't been so old and unlevel I would have built them outside and put them in place but, honestly, building them in place saved me a lot of materials."
Time to CompleteLonger than a weekend
- brad nails
- white paint
- poly acrylic
- paint brushes
- 3 inch screws
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- Garage Small Space DIY Storage
- DIY Succulent Key Rack
- How to Make a Mason Jar Light
- Luxurious DIY Marble Shelves
- Homemade End Table
- Small Space Projects: 28 DIY Ideas for Small Spaces
- DIY Custom Wainscoting
- Small Laundry Room DIY Drying Rack
- Pegboard DIY Wall Organizer
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Swirly DIY Paper Flowers
- Not-Your-Average DIY Snow Globe
- Scribbler 3D Nano Printing Pen
- How to Keep a Christmas Tree Alive During the Holiday Season: Christmas Tree Tips
- Duck Brand Duck Tape
- Geometric Painted Tote Bag
- DIY Thanksgiving Table Runner
- Crochet Utility Mini Basket
- Floating Flower Candles Without Mold
- Thrift Store Coffee Table Makeover