We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you are itching to do a woodworking project, or simply need new cabinets but can't afford them, then you have to check out this DIY Kitchen Cabinets walk-through. Kitchen cabinets are an absolute must-have; and, when you build your own you can customize them to your exact preferences so you use the space available as effectively as possible. Building kitchen cabinets may sound like an intimidating project, but once you have the finished product you will be filled with pride every time you look at them (and every time you look at how much money you saved).
From the blogger: "This was truly a labor of love and something that absolutely terrified me. We couldn't afford to buy kitchen cabinets and though my heart wanted me to find solid and old salvaged cabinets I knew with how wonky our house was (at 100 years old nothing is perfectly level anymore) that I really didn't have any choice but to bite the bullet and just dive in! I think they turned out wonderful!"
Time to CompleteLonger than a weekend
- brad nails
- white paint
- poly acrylic
- paint brushes
- 3 inch screws
NotesNote from the designer: "We're happy with our kitchen cabinets now. They were not hard to build I would just stress to make absolutely certain that you get they screwed into studs. If our house hadn't been so old and unlevel I would have built them outside and put them in place but, honestly, building them in place saved me a lot of materials."
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Who says that organizing has to be boring or expensive? This Unique Geometric DIY Shelf Project will change the way you think about… Continue reading: "Unique Geometric DIY Shelf Project"
- DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
- Garage Small Space DIY Storage
- 32 DIY Organization Ideas
- Top 100 Easy DIY Projects of 2019
- 34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement
- DIY Garage Tool Storage Ideas
- Repurposed Tin Can Hole Saw Cutter
- Outdoor Sun Loungers
- How to Make Custom "S" Hooks
- Classic DIY Bathroom Shelves
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- 42 Things To Do When Planning Your Next Party
- 42 Things In Your Laundry Room + Beautiful Decorating Ideas
- Refinishing Wood Furniture Diy + Learn From Our Mistakes
- Kitchen Hacks: 12-ingredient Dry Rub For Ribs
- Ranch Hands' Bbq Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Spicy Coleslaw
- Not-your-average Garden Vegetable Tuna Casserole
- Diy Face Masks
- Blueberry Lemon Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft For Kids