DIY Ice Fishing Rod Rack
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "When my husband asked me to build him an ice fishing rod rack I got really excited and realized that that makes me either a rather awesome wife (at least to Joe) or weird as heck. Either way, I was stoked to actually be able to build and do something for him! Joe keeps the majority of his tools and toys in a storage unit throughout the year until he needs them and then he needs somewhere handy to keep them in the garage. I was just plain old excited to work on something that was A: not one of my own hair brained ideas and B: kind of like he was my client! I ran him through twenty questions, doing a bit of sketching as we went. I mulled the plan over in my head for a couple of weeks when he made a change: He also wanted a shelf along the bottom of it for enough head room for all of his tip ups."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Stain of your choice
- Three L brackets
- Board with a 1 foot depth
DIY Project Instructions
Start by cutting three 2x2s at 48 inches long, one in the center and one to create each side of the rack.
Then put horizontal boards in place. For this project one board is at the top, one at the center and one across the back where the bottom of the rods would be. (The blogger cut these at 51″ so the 2x2s on either end wouldn’t be cutting in to the 4 feet of storage space needed.)
From there, create the “trough” the poles will sit in. With a board across the front and the back, cut a 2×2 to slip in to the bottom and secure with screws on either side.
Secure the L brackets along the bottom of the 12 foot board and the backs of the 2x2s with wing nuts to create a sturdy bottom shelf.
Finish the entire rack with stain.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
- Apartment Friendly Countertop DIY
- Wooden DIY Picture Shelf
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- How to Paint a Chandelier
- Master Bedroom Fireplace Makeover
- Duct Tape Organizer
- Sturdy DIY Pallet Bike Rack
- Metallic Upcycled Storage Containers
- Modern Triangular DIY Nail Polish Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath