DIY Foam Ceiling Tiles
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "After you got past the horrific glare of the very pink foam insulation covered walls (and that EVERY THING was covered in spray foam) the next worst was probably the ceiling in the main room. This old place at one point was sheetrocked and professionally taped and mudded – the problem is they did not sheet rock the ceiling. Nope, that’s not sheet rock, its some kind of very old particle wood. After it was taped and mudded then acoustic ceiling tiles were stapled to the ceiling. I will never forget my sister-in-law telling me the story of how they went to the basement one night (to go to bed when they lived here over a decade ago) when a tremendous crash and insanity happened above them. Was it a break in? Did a tornado come through? What on earth could have made so much noise?!"
Note from the blogger: "I trimmed up the upper part of the walls wherever we used the tile to cover the seem between the ceiling and the walls. You don't actually "need" a helped for this but a second set of hands here will cut your time down by 3/4s."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Styrofoam Ceiling Tiles
- Caulk and Caulk Gun
- One helper
- Scissors (to cut the tiles a utility knife works fine too)
- Chalk and Chalk line
DIY Project Instructions
Position you and your helper in opposite corners of the room on ladders so you can reach the ceiling, snap a chalk line
Do the same in the other corners so that you now have a big chalk X covering the ceiling (so you now have a center point)
Using the X determine the exact center to place your tile, mark it so its easy to find again.
Caulk your tile by placing multiple dots along the edges, a heavy dot in each corner and a big one in the center of the tile, place your first tile by pressing it down firmly working from the center out.
Work your way around your center tile by having your helper apply the caulk and hand you the next tile.
Once you get to the edges cut your tiles as you need to for a perfect fit on the ceiling.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- DIY Calming Room Spray
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
- How to Build Deck Gates
- Under the Sink Organization From the Dollar Store
- Cute Ombre DIY Hamper
- Easy Built-In Closet Tutorial
- DIY Colorful Closet Organizer
- DIY Garage Tool Storage Ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Hard Dandelion Lotion Bars
- Plush Crochet Tablet Cover
- Cold And Flu Shower Steamers
- Knitting Machine Reversible Hat
- Handmade Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- Dog Leash Holder
- Puff Stitch Crochet Flower Pattern
- DIY Test Tube Planter Stand