Building Door Thresholds
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Well, we finally did it, after months upon months upon months of procrastination we finally put in door thresholds across the bottom of the three exterior doors that needed it. I also patched the three rectangular holes in our hardwoods that used to be vents for my grandparents’ old hvac system. This is one of those thankless jobs that I wasn’t sure would make any more then a foot note in a blog entry here about something else. However, how Joe tackled this project was just too cool to NOT devote an entire blog entry to them. He made them by hand, out in the barn, using my grandpa’s old tools!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- 2x4 cut to length of your door.
- A clamp to hold it in place attached to something STURDY.
- Hand planer and rasp.
- Electric palm sander (or you could also sand it by hand).
DIY Project Instructions
After cutting the board to the exact length you need clamp it to something very sturdy.
Using the planer and/or rasp take off one entire side at a full angle.
Flip the board over and clamp it again so you can do the same on the opposite corner.
Dry fit and make sure the door closes and opens fully but snugly.
Screw down securely to the floor and finish as you would like.
Finish to match the hardwood floors in your home and then sealed them with outdoor sealant. Regardless of how you finish them you will want to seal them so they are protected against moisture.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
- Apartment Friendly Countertop DIY
- Wooden DIY Picture Shelf
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- How to Paint a Chandelier
- Master Bedroom Fireplace Makeover
- Duct Tape Organizer
- Sturdy DIY Pallet Bike Rack
- Metallic Upcycled Storage Containers
- Modern Triangular DIY Nail Polish Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath