Behind the Sofa DIY Console Table Charging Station
Learn how to build a simple console table for behind your sofa!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "How to build a simple console table for behind your sofa, with plugin added for easy phone charging! Joe and I are probably a lot like most couples right now where we admittedly spend a certain amount of time on our phones, in front of the tv, after work, every day. So I’m currently limping along a 3 year old Motorolla whose battery life leaves a lot to be desired. So, inevitably, I have to run upstairs, get my phone charger and plug it in wherever I’m sitting which usually means having to move the sofa or an end table out so I can reach an outlet. I’ve been thinking a console table would be the ticket to make for easier charging but also to create a little area for display as well so I got to work!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- 1x6 cut at 70"
- 3 legs (2x2s or 4x4s) cut at 18"
- Stain of your choice
- Jigsaw and drill with bit for cutting out
- Power cord
DIY Project Instructions
After staining your boards and screwing the legs on the 1x6 measure your power strip and outline it on the board.
Drill out a hole in each corner of your outline and then cut out with a jigsaw.
Stain table in your choice of stain and then enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- DIY Calming Room Spray
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
- How to Build Deck Gates
- Under the Sink Organization From the Dollar Store
- Cute Ombre DIY Hamper
- Easy Built-In Closet Tutorial
- DIY Colorful Closet Organizer
- DIY Garage Tool Storage Ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Hard Dandelion Lotion Bars
- Plush Crochet Tablet Cover
- Cold And Flu Shower Steamers
- Knitting Machine Reversible Hat
- Handmade Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- Dog Leash Holder
- Puff Stitch Crochet Flower Pattern
- DIY Test Tube Planter Stand