Behind the Sofa DIY Console Table Charging Station
Learn how to build a simple console table for behind your sofa!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "How to build a simple console table for behind your sofa, with plugin added for easy phone charging! Joe and I are probably a lot like most couples right now where we admittedly spend a certain amount of time on our phones, in front of the tv, after work, every day. So I’m currently limping along a 3 year old Motorolla whose battery life leaves a lot to be desired. So, inevitably, I have to run upstairs, get my phone charger and plug it in wherever I’m sitting which usually means having to move the sofa or an end table out so I can reach an outlet. I’ve been thinking a console table would be the ticket to make for easier charging but also to create a little area for display as well so I got to work!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- 1x6 cut at 70"
- 3 legs (2x2s or 4x4s) cut at 18"
- Stain of your choice
- Jigsaw and drill with bit for cutting out
- Power cord
DIY Project Instructions
After staining your boards and screwing the legs on the 1x6 measure your power strip and outline it on the board.
Drill out a hole in each corner of your outline and then cut out with a jigsaw.
Stain table in your choice of stain and then enjoy!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
- Apartment Friendly Countertop DIY
- Wooden DIY Picture Shelf
- Handy Pegboard Paint Brush Organizer
- How to Paint a Chandelier
- Master Bedroom Fireplace Makeover
- Duct Tape Organizer
- Sturdy DIY Pallet Bike Rack
- Metallic Upcycled Storage Containers
- Modern Triangular DIY Nail Polish Rack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath