We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With our electrician putting our panels directly by our front door I had to come up with a way to cover up such an eyesore! So, I built a barn door closet!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Bead board (ply bead, or sheet rock, or plywood)
- 2x4s (for the frame)
- 1x4s (for the trim)
- Paint and brushes (I used a white, flat water based paint)
- Drill and 3" deck screws
- I did all of my cutting with a Jig saw and a Miter saw
- I tacked on all of my 1x4 trim pieces with a brad nailer but you could use screws
First I needed to frame the entire closet out which is as simple as building a wall, you need a header piece and two side pieces and, if the one length is far enough across put another board at every 16 inches using my drill and screws.
With it framed out I simply covered it in bead board (plywood) using my drill and screws.
Then I covered all of my seams and corners with 1x4s that I used for trim using a brad nailer.
I did two coats of white paint on the entire closet.
I hung my barn door and I was done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
How to Organize Your Tool Closet
DIY Pallet Laundry Shelf
PVC Pipe DIY Laundry Hamper
Laundry DIY Storage Cabinets
Quick and Easy Dryer Lint Fire Starter
DIY Floating Bathroom Vanity
20 Helpful Laundry Ideas
Small Laundry Room DIY Drying Rack
DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
Easy DIY Ironing Board Organizer
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Decorated Wooden Cross DIY
- Elvis Parsley Flower Pot DIY
- "You Grow Girl" DIY Flower Pot
- XOXO Love Pallet Sign DIY
- DIY Beachy Starfish Decor
- DIY Bug Repellent Lotion Bars
- DIY Summer Sun Coasters
- How to Make a Marbled Metal Planter
- DIY White Christmas Banner
- Farmhouse Fa La La Holiday Decor DIY