We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With our electrician putting our panels directly by our front door I had to come up with a way to cover up such an eyesore! So, I built a barn door closet!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Bead board (ply bead, or sheet rock, or plywood)
- 2x4s (for the frame)
- 1x4s (for the trim)
- Paint and brushes (I used a white, flat water based paint)
- Drill and 3" deck screws
- I did all of my cutting with a Jig saw and a Miter saw
- I tacked on all of my 1x4 trim pieces with a brad nailer but you could use screws
First I needed to frame the entire closet out which is as simple as building a wall, you need a header piece and two side pieces and, if the one length is far enough across put another board at every 16 inches using my drill and screws.
With it framed out I simply covered it in bead board (plywood) using my drill and screws.
Then I covered all of my seams and corners with 1x4s that I used for trim using a brad nailer.
I did two coats of white paint on the entire closet.
I hung my barn door and I was done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Maple DIY Wood Countertop
- Decorative DIY Organization Jar
- Easy Autumn Homemade Air Freshener
- Life Saver DIY Paper Organizer
- Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer
- 34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement
- Modern DIY Rustic Shiplap
- DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
- Recycled Materials Homemade Shelf and Table
- Wrapping Paper Organizer DIY IKEA Hack
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How to make Lavender Bags
- Small Zipper Pouch
- Organizer Sewing Pattern
- Fabric Editions
- Melt and Pour DIY Unicorn Soap
- Tips for Sewing Faster
- DIY Themed Patio Cooler
- Easy Tips for Sewing Organza
- DIY Harry Potter Prophecy Ball
- DIY Link from Zelda Costume