We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With our electrician putting our panels directly by our front door I had to come up with a way to cover up such an eyesore! So, I built a barn door closet!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Bead board (ply bead, or sheet rock, or plywood)
- 2x4s (for the frame)
- 1x4s (for the trim)
- Paint and brushes (I used a white, flat water based paint)
- Drill and 3" deck screws
- I did all of my cutting with a Jig saw and a Miter saw
- I tacked on all of my 1x4 trim pieces with a brad nailer but you could use screws
First I needed to frame the entire closet out which is as simple as building a wall, you need a header piece and two side pieces and, if the one length is far enough across put another board at every 16 inches using my drill and screws.
With it framed out I simply covered it in bead board (plywood) using my drill and screws.
Then I covered all of my seams and corners with 1x4s that I used for trim using a brad nailer.
I did two coats of white paint on the entire closet.
I hung my barn door and I was done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
When it comes to bold designs, this tutorial for the DIY Colorful Indoor Herb Garden is no shrinking violet! The indoor garden idea is… Continue reading: "DIY Colorful Indoor Herb Garden"
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Pinwheel Square Mini Quilt
- Budget-Friendly DIY Mirror
- Romantic Braided Updo Tutorial
- Floating Teapot Planter
- Simple Scrap Wood DIY Laptop Desk
- How To Paint Polka Dots on Furniture
- How To Make Boho Tassel Earrings
- What is a Junk Journal?
- How to Clean a Leather Wallet
- DIY Custom Cake Toppers