This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With our electrician putting our panels directly by our front door I had to come up with a way to cover up such an eyesore! So, I built a barn door closet!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Bead board (ply bead, or sheet rock, or plywood)
- 2x4s (for the frame)
- 1x4s (for the trim)
- Paint and brushes (I used a white, flat water based paint)
- Drill and 3" deck screws
- I did all of my cutting with a Jig saw and a Miter saw
- I tacked on all of my 1x4 trim pieces with a brad nailer but you could use screws
First I needed to frame the entire closet out which is as simple as building a wall, you need a header piece and two side pieces and, if the one length is far enough across put another board at every 16 inches using my drill and screws.
With it framed out I simply covered it in bead board (plywood) using my drill and screws.
Then I covered all of my seams and corners with 1x4s that I used for trim using a brad nailer.
I did two coats of white paint on the entire closet.
I hung my barn door and I was done!
Read NextDIY Key Holder LEGO Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
This DIY planter idea is hands down the more adorable one out there. Just try to resist these Too Cute DIY Concrete Planters! They… Continue reading: "Too Cute DIY Concrete Planters"
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Sentimental Credenza Makeover
- Easy And Simple Crochet Treble Flock Blanket Pattern
- Halloween Cakesicles Recipe
- Halloween Treats Tote
- Kitty Cat Pot Holder
- Dracula & Skull Halloween Crafts
- Pottery Barn Inspired Diy Vase
- Fall Color By Number Pages
- Paulie Pumpkin
- Herbal Bath Bomb Recipe