We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With our electrician putting our panels directly by our front door I had to come up with a way to cover up such an eyesore! So, I built a barn door closet!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Bead board (ply bead, or sheet rock, or plywood)
- 2x4s (for the frame)
- 1x4s (for the trim)
- Paint and brushes (I used a white, flat water based paint)
- Drill and 3" deck screws
- I did all of my cutting with a Jig saw and a Miter saw
- I tacked on all of my 1x4 trim pieces with a brad nailer but you could use screws
First I needed to frame the entire closet out which is as simple as building a wall, you need a header piece and two side pieces and, if the one length is far enough across put another board at every 16 inches using my drill and screws.
With it framed out I simply covered it in bead board (plywood) using my drill and screws.
Then I covered all of my seams and corners with 1x4s that I used for trim using a brad nailer.
I did two coats of white paint on the entire closet.
I hung my barn door and I was done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
How to Clean a Vacuum Roller Brush
Painted Pallet Crate DIY Shelves
34 DIY Projects for Home Improvement
DIY Storage Ideas and Organization Projects
Easiest DIY Fabric Boxes
DIY Basket Shelves
Easy DIY Cardboard Shelves
DIY Barn Sliding Door Design
Decorative DIY Organization Jar
DIY Garage Tool Storage Ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How to Make an Herbal Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse Recipe For Any Hair Type
- Milk Box Planter
- End Table Coastal Makeover
- Small Laundry Room Makeover
- Maldivian Style Bamboo Swing Chairs
- Lisa Mecham from Creative Fashion Blog
- DIY-Pallet Tiki Bar
- How to Sew a Blouse Easy DIY Tunic for Spring
- Petal Perfection DIY Mother's Day Card
- Off the Shoulder Dress Pattern