Christmas Tree Garland From Mini Cupcake Liners
Learn how to make this DIY garland for the holiday season!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
You'd be surprised at how many crafts you can make with cupcake liners. This holiday season dress up your mantel with this inexpensive Christmas Tree Garland From Mini Cupcake Liners. To fit the rest of your Christmas aesthetic, make sure to purchase some Christmas themed cupcake liners. Whatever you don't use, use for Christmas cupcakes! This DIY craft is so easy to make and your kids will have a blast giving you a helping hand when creating this. Whether it's hanging from your mantel, staircase or tree, this DIY garland will make a statement anywhere.
From the blogger: "The holidays are stressful and pricey. Tell me something I don't know, you're probably saying! For many years, we made do with a hand-me-down Christmas tree that year after year became less sparkly and pre-lit. So when we finally splurged on a new tree, out to the curb also went the hand-me-down tree garland I had been using. Instead of purchasing a garland from the store, I picked up some inexpensive miniature cupcake liners and made one for $3."
Note from the blogger: "I made garland chains that consisted of 30 cupcake liners each."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Estimated CostUnder $10
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
- Mini cupcake liners
- Fishing wire
- Craft scissors
- Craft glue
DIY Project Instructions
Cut small rectangles from a pile of cardstock.
Separate the cupcake liners. Turn them inside out so the design is facing you.
Make a loop at one end of the fishing wire. Add glue to the piece of cardstock AND sandwich the fishing wire between the cupcake liner and the cardstock.
Continue in this manner until you reach your desired length.
Looking for more holiday decor? If you have any spare Christmas lights, create this spectacular light decor piece! Christmas DIY Light Decor
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
- Upcycled Light Fixture DIY Ornaments
- Printable Hot Chocolate Jar Labels
- Candy Cane DIY Clay Ornaments
- Wood and Knobs Flat Christmas Tree
- Woodland Advent Calendar
- DIY Burlap Christmas Tree Skirt
- Waterless Homemade Snow Globe
- Wooden Tree DIY Christmas Decorations
- Glamorous Gold Christmas Lights DIY
- Santa Hat DIY Christmas Topiary
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- DIY Terrarium
- DIY Clay Christmas Ornaments
- Ultimate Guide to Replacement Cabinet Doors
- Elf with Mushrooms Woodland Decor
- Valentine DIY Decoration Idea Braided Heart
- Homemade Cold Porcelain Air Dry Clay
- Christmas Comic Wishing Boxes
- DIY Clay Votive Candle Holder
- Paracord Crafts
- Make a Unique 3D 2018 Calendar