Halloween DIY Witch Cape
Learn how to make a "wicked" good Halloween costume for less than $10!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Much to the chagrin of my kids, I just cannot do store-bought Halloween costumes! So when my 8-year-old asked to be a witch, her DIY costume was complete with a witch's cape... made from a large black t-shirt. Pull out your sewing scissors and black thread to turn an oversized cotton shirt into a cute and functional witches cape for a 'wicked' Halloween night. Add some ruffles and a zig zag bottom to up the homemade Halloween cuteness!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Sewing machine + straight pins
- Sewing scissors
- Black thread
- Black ribbon
- Black large t-shirt
Lay t-shirt out flat. Cut off both arms.
Make a cut down the center front of the shirt. From bottom to neckline.
Cut both shoulder seams.
Cut the side seams of the t-shirt so you wind up with two small rectangles. Then, make one large rectangle from the back of the t-shirt.
Pin the smaller rectangles to the larger rectangle on both sides. Sew both sides together.
Cut simple triangles at the bottom of the cape.
Pin the black ribbon to the top of the cape in order to secure around neck.
Use up the t-shirt remnants to form a ruffle on both sides of the cape to cover any seams.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Flintstone DIY Halloween Costume
- DIY Easy Kid Pirate Boot Covers
- Adult DIY Minion Costume
- Recycled LEGO DIY Halloween Costume Idea
- Toy Army Man DIY Halloween Costume
- Peter Pan Shadow Costume
- Skeleton Halloween Makeup Tutorial
- Last Minute Elsa Inspired Costume
- ET DIY Halloween Costume
- Mini Buzz Lightyear DIY Halloween Costume
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Diy Hot Chocolate Bombs With Corgi Marshallows
- Diy Wood Block Snowman Ornaments
- Diy French Beret Hat
- Display Shelf
- How To Paint A Giant Christmas Tree For Your Wall
- Light-up Reindeer Christmas Vase
- Hot Cocoa Tray
- Sewing Table Planter Diy
- Cookies In A Jar
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament