Halloween DIY Witch Cape
Learn how to make a "wicked" good Halloween costume for less than $10!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Much to the chagrin of my kids, I just cannot do store-bought Halloween costumes! So when my 8-year-old asked to be a witch, her DIY costume was complete with a witch's cape... made from a large black t-shirt. Pull out your sewing scissors and black thread to turn an oversized cotton shirt into a cute and functional witches cape for a 'wicked' Halloween night. Add some ruffles and a zig zag bottom to up the homemade Halloween cuteness!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Sewing machine + straight pins
- Sewing scissors
- Black thread
- Black ribbon
- Black large t-shirt
Lay t-shirt out flat. Cut off both arms.
Make a cut down the center front of the shirt. From bottom to neckline.
Cut both shoulder seams.
Cut the side seams of the t-shirt so you wind up with two small rectangles. Then, make one large rectangle from the back of the t-shirt.
Pin the smaller rectangles to the larger rectangle on both sides. Sew both sides together.
Cut simple triangles at the bottom of the cape.
Pin the black ribbon to the top of the cape in order to secure around neck.
Use up the t-shirt remnants to form a ruffle on both sides of the cape to cover any seams.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Adult DIY Minion Costume
- Recycled LEGO DIY Halloween Costume Idea
- Adorable UP-Inspired DIY Halloween Costume
- Little DIY Viking Costume
- Flapper DIY Halloween Costumes
- Easy DIY Graffiti Artist Costume
- Skeleton Halloween Makeup Tutorial
- Easy DIY Donut Costume
- Last Minute Elsa Inspired Costume
- Toy Army Man DIY Halloween Costume
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Coffee Soap And Coffee Scrub Diy
- Printable Halloween Word Scramble
- Thanksgiving Craft With Clay Pots
- Crochet Triangle Corner Basket
- Printable Fall Mazes
- Printable I Spy Jack-o-lantern
- 3 Ingredient Monster Air Fryer Halloween Donuts
- Printable Fall Word Scramble
- Halloween Paper Bags
- Apple Pie Melt And Pour Soap Recipe