Halloween DIY Witch Cape
Learn how to make a "wicked" good Halloween costume for less than $10!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Much to the chagrin of my kids, I just cannot do store-bought Halloween costumes! So when my 8-year-old asked to be a witch, her DIY costume was complete with a witch's cape... made from a large black t-shirt. Pull out your sewing scissors and black thread to turn an oversized cotton shirt into a cute and functional witches cape for a 'wicked' Halloween night. Add some ruffles and a zig zag bottom to up the homemade Halloween cuteness!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Sewing machine + straight pins
- Sewing scissors
- Black thread
- Black ribbon
- Black large t-shirt
Lay t-shirt out flat. Cut off both arms.
Make a cut down the center front of the shirt. From bottom to neckline.
Cut both shoulder seams.
Cut the side seams of the t-shirt so you wind up with two small rectangles. Then, make one large rectangle from the back of the t-shirt.
Pin the smaller rectangles to the larger rectangle on both sides. Sew both sides together.
Cut simple triangles at the bottom of the cape.
Pin the black ribbon to the top of the cape in order to secure around neck.
Use up the t-shirt remnants to form a ruffle on both sides of the cape to cover any seams.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Who says that organizing has to be boring or expensive? This Unique Geometric DIY Shelf Project will change the way you think about… Continue reading: "Unique Geometric DIY Shelf Project"
- Last Minute Elsa Inspired Costume
- Recycled LEGO DIY Halloween Costume Idea
- Little DIY Viking Costume
- Flapper DIY Halloween Costumes
- No Sew Shark Costume
- Adorable UP-Inspired DIY Halloween Costume
- Flintstone DIY Halloween Costume
- DIY Mummy Costume
- Elmo DIY Halloween Costume
- "The Birds" Inspired Halloween Costume Idea
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- 42 Things To Do When Planning Your Next Party
- 42 Things In Your Laundry Room + Beautiful Decorating Ideas
- Refinishing Wood Furniture Diy + Learn From Our Mistakes
- Kitchen Hacks: 12-ingredient Dry Rub For Ribs
- Ranch Hands' Bbq Pulled Pork Sandwiches With Spicy Coleslaw
- Not-your-average Garden Vegetable Tuna Casserole
- Diy Face Masks
- Blueberry Lemon Easy Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Unicorn Snot Glitter Gel
- Toilet Paper Roll Butterfly Craft For Kids