This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Lanterns are great for unique and rustic lighting fixtures, but they make even better planters for your bright green succulents and pearly pink roses. Go explore in your garage for a little until you locate the perfect pot. You can purchase vintage looking lanterns at the thrift store for dirt cheap. All you need is some soil for your plants to soak in and water. If you're not feeling the original color of the pot, put your own DIY twist on it and paint a cool pattern on it.
From the blogger: "Try using lanterns as planters around your home this summer. Shop your own garage or head to your local lawn and garden center to find a lantern that is perfect for your space. Grab your supplies and get started on your own outdoor project today. If you are excited about using lanterns as planters, be sure to check out the wide variety of lanterns at your local store!"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Coco liners
- Potting soil
DIY Planter Instructions
Line each lantern with a portion of the coco basket liner. The small lanterns each used a half of a liner each while the large lantern used almost two full liners
Once you have covered up all of the holes with your lining, just add in potting soil and any plants that you love.
Interested in adding more lighting fixtures to your yard? Check out these unique lighting ideas to light up the night! How to Install Outdoor Lighting
Read NextToo Cute DIY Concrete Planters
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Patio lighting is essential to have during those summer nights when you're chatting with friends or having family game night. Light up… Continue reading: "Outdoor Patio Lighting Using Tin Cans"
- Too Cute DIY Concrete Planters
- DIY Garden Ideas: 36 Garden Projects
- Mason Jar Cement Planters DIY
- Upcycled K-Cup Planters
- 16 Easy Plants for Beginner Gardeners
- Disco Ball DIY Hanging Planter
- Upcycled Beer Can Planters
- Country Cottage Colander Hanging Basket Planter
- Painted DIY Colorful Flower Pots
- Old Cassette Tape Succulent Planter
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Easy Slow Cooker Chocolate Chip Keto Cake Recipe
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Colorful Beach Inspired Dollar Store Diy Coasters
- How To Make Your Own Diy Reusable Swiffer Duster Refills
- Toilet Paper Roll Pikachu
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
- Doily Stencilled Old China Plates
- Diy Essential Oil Bracelet