We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Lanterns are great for unique and rustic lighting fixtures, but they make even better planters for your bright green succulents and pearly pink roses. Go explore in your garage for a little until you locate the perfect pot. You can purchase vintage looking lanterns at the thrift store for dirt cheap. All you need is some soil for your plants to soak in and water. If you're not feeling the original color of the pot, put your own DIY twist on it and paint a cool pattern on it.
From the blogger: "Try using lanterns as planters around your home this summer. Shop your own garage or head to your local lawn and garden center to find a lantern that is perfect for your space. Grab your supplies and get started on your own outdoor project today. If you are excited about using lanterns as planters, be sure to check out the wide variety of lanterns at your local store!"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Coco liners
- Potting soil
DIY Planter Instructions
Line each lantern with a portion of the coco basket liner. The small lanterns each used a half of a liner each while the large lantern used almost two full liners
Once you have covered up all of the holes with your lining, just add in potting soil and any plants that you love.
Interested in adding more lighting fixtures to your yard? Check out these unique lighting ideas to light up the night! How to Install Outdoor Lighting
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
If you tend to lose bills and papers in the clutter of your home, this picture frame project will come in handy. Check out this Cute… Continue reading: "Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer"
- How to Grow Sunflowers
- How to Paint Rusted Metal Patio Furniture
- 9 DIY Garden Projects Anyone Can Make
- DIY Decorative Garden Stones
- Hanging Solar Mason Jar Lights
- Whimsical Fairy Garden Wind Chimes
- DIY Garden Water Feature for Less Than $30
- Upcycled K-Cup Planters
- DIY Concrete Garden Globes
- How to Squirrel Proof a Bird Feeder
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles Recipe
- Mango Strawberry Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Indoor/outdoor Planter
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Shea Butter And Colloidal Oats Whipped Soap
- Cotton Boll Wreath Diy
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Printable Desserts Word Search
- Diy Vertical Faux Succulent Garden