We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"Building a rock garden completed our goal to reduce maintenance and increase sustainability in our yard. The plantings are all drought tolerant and don’t require added watering to keep them thriving. A rock garden is a great way to put water conserving into practice! We dry stacked boulders in a semi-circular pattern spanning from one corner of the backer board to the other. Then we filled in with soil and plantings, including a miniature Ginko tree. "
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
NotesAll it takes is a little imagination, and a green outlook, to transform a boring yard into a zen oasis! I hope this project has inspired you to 'green' your garden in more ways than one!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Country Cottage Colander Hanging Basket Planter
- DIY Rain Barrel
- Upcycled K-Cup Planters
- Shower Caddy for a Vertical Wall Planter
- Budget-Friendly DIY Planter Boxes
- Crystal Rain DIY Watering Can Project
- Beginner Gardener Guide
- Cute Paint Can Planters DIY
- 10 Low Light Succulents (Plus 4 Easy DIYs!)
- Vintage Scrabble Tile & Yardstick Garden Markers
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Dining Chair Makeover
- Chocolate And Peppermint All Natural Lip Balm Diy
- Yarn Wrapped Hearts
- The Ice Diamond Headband
- Printable Valentine’s Day Word Search
- Printable Cupcake Toppers
- Rustic Crochet Jute Bag How To Crochet With Jute Twine Cord
- Diy Wheelchair Horse Costume
- How To Frost Cupcakes
- Heart Shaped Valentines Planter