This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
"Building a rock garden completed our goal to reduce maintenance and increase sustainability in our yard. The plantings are all drought tolerant and don’t require added watering to keep them thriving. A rock garden is a great way to put water conserving into practice! We dry stacked boulders in a semi-circular pattern spanning from one corner of the backer board to the other. Then we filled in with soil and plantings, including a miniature Ginko tree. "
Primary TechniqueGreen Crafting
NotesAll it takes is a little imagination, and a green outlook, to transform a boring yard into a zen oasis! I hope this project has inspired you to 'green' your garden in more ways than one!
Read NextSolar Powered Fairy Garden House
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
"Today, I created a wall mounted fruit basket display in our pantry. I was first inspired by this beautiful wire basket display that I… Continue reading: "Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display"
- Solar Powered Fairy Garden House
- Old Cassette Tape Succulent Planter
- Gardening Garb Clip Board Organizer
- Hanging Solar Mason Jar Lights
- Upcycled Clock Herb Garden
- Show Love & Support For Those Big Beautiful Blooms In Your Garden
- Colorful Recycled DIY Tin Can Planters
- Cool Upcycled Denim Indoor Herb Garden
- How to Make a Marbled Metal Planter
- Country Cottage Colander Hanging Basket Planter
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Learn How To Make A Simple Crochet Scarf
- Fun And Free Printable Summer Reading Bingo Challenge
- Colorful Beach Inspired Dollar Store Diy Coasters
- How To Make Your Own Diy Reusable Swiffer Duster Refills
- Toilet Paper Roll Pikachu
- Easy Double Thick Textured Crochet Square Potholder
- Paper Bag Monkey Puppet
- Doily Stencilled Old China Plates
- Diy Essential Oil Bracelet
- Solid Double Crochet Mitered Square With No Gaps