This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
How to Plant a Lawn from Seeds
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the Blogger: "Starting a lawn from scratch using seed is the least expensive way to transform your home or garden. Here’s how to plant a lawn from seeds. Determine what type of grass works best for your climate and soil and check the best season to plant the seeds, which might be in spring or fall. For cool-season grasses, the best time to plant is early fall or early spring which is the second bet time. Warm-season grasses are best planted in late spring. After you prepared the soil, all you need is good quality grass seed and a little patience."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextHow to Make a Marbled Metal Planter
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
May 31, 2017
Let's face it, planting a lawn is hard work no matter how you,slice,it. But this article helps you have amgreatermcjance at success and less work in the long if you know how to make the proper preparations in the beginning of your lawn seeding project. I have seeded lawns in the past, only to have the seed grow in patches here and there, and the rest either wash away, never take, or be eaten by birds! Follow these steps for better success and less frustration!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Rustic Upcycled Succulent Planters
You don't need to spend a lot of money on new planters! If you'd like to add the shabby chic look to your home or office, then this… Continue reading: "Rustic Upcycled Succulent Planters"
- How to Make a Marbled Metal Planter
- Shower Caddy for a Vertical Wall Planter
- How to Make Garden Storage: DIY Benches, DIY Storage Hacks, and More
- Indoor DIY Water Garden
- 10 Stunning Drought Resistant Flowers
- How to Build a Metal Raised Garden Bed
- Tall Garden Planter on Wheels
- How to Trim Basil
- Fairy Garden Tree House Tutorial
- Country Cottage Colander Hanging Basket Planter
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Summer Activities For Kids: Throw A Pajama Party
- Printable Happy Birthday Cupcake Toppers
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Ocean Summer Waves Melt And Pour Soap Diy
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Red White And Blue Layered Slush Recipe