Frame a Vertical Garden
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Ready for a cool new DIY gardening project? Follow this DIY tutorial and learn how to Frame a Vertical Garden! This is a chic and unexpected way to incorporate plants into your home decor. Vertical gardens are trendy and stylish. This particular projects uses succulents, but you could adapt this DIY project and use a variety of plants. If you are trying to make an indoor garden, or if you only have a small space for a garden, this is the DIY garden idea for you. Be sure to give your plants a few days to settle before hanging them up!
From the blogger: "Vertical gardens fascinate me. It doesn't matter where you live or how much space you have these gardens are a living canvas that show case the best that nature has to offer. With so many inspiring ideas on the web we had to try make our own using a plastic frame we found."
Note from the designer: "Succulents are such rewarding plants - all they need is a bit of water once a week and admiration. They come in the most beautiful colors - the perfect palette to celebrate Mother Nature."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Plastic picture frame
- Pallet off cuts
- Plastic coated wire mesh
- Woven weed mat
- Staple gun
- Aluminium tape (Optional)
Attach the wire mesh and weed mat to the plastic frame with a staple gun.
Make a box frame to fit the plastic frame using L-shaped brackets and pallet off cuts.
Fill the box frame with mulch, compost and soil.
Seal the box frame with an eco-friendly sealer and line the box frame with weed mat to prevent water rot.
Close the box frame with a plastic drop sheet and a few more pallet off cuts.
To plant the succulents, cut a slit in the wire mesh and weed mat and carefully insert the succulents in the pockets.
Give the plants a few days to settle before hanging the frame.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Six Fall Flowers To Plant This Year
- Colorful Wood Pallet Planter Boxes
- Raised Garden Bed
- 10 Fall Garden Clean Up Tips
- 5 Fall Vegetables To Grow From Seed
- Making a Compost Pile Tutorial
- 16 Easy Plants for Beginner Gardeners
- Red Barn Rock Landscaping
- Frame a Vertical Garden
- Delightful Paint Stirrer Crate Planter
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Eliminate That Musty Smell From Old Furniture!
- Printable Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Christmas Craft For Kids – Rudolph Puppets
- Toaster Repurpose
- Printable I Spy Sweets
- Pumpkin Spice Doily Potholder
- Farmhouse Book Stack Craft
- Printable Fall Coloring Pages
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread Recipe