Frame a Vertical Garden
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Ready for a cool new DIY gardening project? Follow this DIY tutorial and learn how to Frame a Vertical Garden! This is a chic and unexpected way to incorporate plants into your home decor. Vertical gardens are trendy and stylish. This particular projects uses succulents, but you could adapt this DIY project and use a variety of plants. If you are trying to make an indoor garden, or if you only have a small space for a garden, this is the DIY garden idea for you. Be sure to give your plants a few days to settle before hanging them up!
From the blogger: "Vertical gardens fascinate me. It doesn't matter where you live or how much space you have these gardens are a living canvas that show case the best that nature has to offer. With so many inspiring ideas on the web we had to try make our own using a plastic frame we found."
Note from the designer: "Succulents are such rewarding plants - all they need is a bit of water once a week and admiration. They come in the most beautiful colors - the perfect palette to celebrate Mother Nature."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Plastic picture frame
- Pallet off cuts
- Plastic coated wire mesh
- Woven weed mat
- Staple gun
- Aluminium tape (Optional)
Attach the wire mesh and weed mat to the plastic frame with a staple gun.
Make a box frame to fit the plastic frame using L-shaped brackets and pallet off cuts.
Fill the box frame with mulch, compost and soil.
Seal the box frame with an eco-friendly sealer and line the box frame with weed mat to prevent water rot.
Close the box frame with a plastic drop sheet and a few more pallet off cuts.
To plant the succulents, cut a slit in the wire mesh and weed mat and carefully insert the succulents in the pockets.
Give the plants a few days to settle before hanging the frame.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
"How to build a simple console table for behind your sofa, with plugin added for easy phone charging! Joe and I are probably a lot… Continue reading: "Behind the Sofa DIY Console Table Charging Station"
- Pots and Plants: 19 DIY Planter Ideas
- Add A Little Magic to Your Garden
- Decor DIY Garden Plaques
- Growing, Harvesting, and Storing Garlic
- Frame a Vertical Garden
- Candelabra DIY Garden Planter
- Mini Mason Jar DIY Garden
- Whimsical Fairy Garden Wind Chimes
- Easy Peanut Bird Feeder Wreath
- Upcycled K-Cup Planters
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Christmas Craft – Easy DIY Joy Board
- Printable Free Halloween Label and Treat Bag Tops
- Halloween Boo Printable Art
- Printable Halloween Votive Lampshades
- Printable Halloween Flags
- Halloween Ghost Craft for Kids
- Kitchen Table Makeover Idea
- Before and After: $11 Thrift Store Desk
- Halloween Hershey Kisses Labels
- Printable Halloween Mini Hershey Wrappers