Vintage DIY Reupholstered Chair
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "My daughter got a desk from Santa this past holiday. But the big guy didn't bring her a chair for said desk. Resourceful as this seven year old is, she set up a doll case to substitute as a chair. After watching her teeter on this unconventional seat, an impromptu stop at an antique market found us bringing home a vintage vanity stool. In need of a modern redo, this cute little seat would make for the perfect chair for a child's desk."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Spray paint
- Staple gun
- Foam (if needed)
DIY Project Instructions
If you can, take the chair apart. Spray paint (or paint with a brush) the frame of the chair.
Remove the original upholstering and foam if needed.
Replace the foam if required and cut the new upholstery fabric a few inches wider than the seat.
Use a staple gun to secure the new fabric to the bottom of the seat.
Once the paint is dry, put the chair back together.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
If digging through your kitchen drawers to grab the right utensil is a daily struggle, then you will love these homemade drawer… Continue reading: "Budget Friendly DIY Drawer Organizers"
- How to Reupholster an Armchair
- How to Reupholster a Chair with Jeans
- DIY Burlap Coffee Bag Bench
- Custom Patchwork Chair
- Upholstered DIY Padded Headboard
- Lovely Upholstered DIY Ottoman
- Rescue and Reupholster Furniture
- How to Sew Leather Slipcovers
- Vintage DIY Reupholstered Chair
- How to Reupholster a Chair Seat
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Wooden Clothespin Father's Day Gift
- Easy Painted Flag Tee
- Diy Patriotic Clothespins
- Soda Bottle Vertical Garden
- Wood Fence Screen
- Sleepy Easter Bunny
- Easter Bunny Wreath
- Sweet Potato Dog Treats
- Vintage Ink Stamp Holder Vase
- Diy Air Force Keepsake Box