Vintage DIY Reupholstered Chair
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "My daughter got a desk from Santa this past holiday. But the big guy didn't bring her a chair for said desk. Resourceful as this seven year old is, she set up a doll case to substitute as a chair. After watching her teeter on this unconventional seat, an impromptu stop at an antique market found us bringing home a vintage vanity stool. In need of a modern redo, this cute little seat would make for the perfect chair for a child's desk."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Spray paint
- Staple gun
- Foam (if needed)
DIY Project Instructions
If you can, take the chair apart. Spray paint (or paint with a brush) the frame of the chair.
Remove the original upholstering and foam if needed.
Replace the foam if required and cut the new upholstery fabric a few inches wider than the seat.
Use a staple gun to secure the new fabric to the bottom of the seat.
Once the paint is dry, put the chair back together.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- How to Reupholster a Chair with Jeans
- Rescue and Reupholster Furniture
- How to Reupholster a Chair Tutorial
- How to Reupholster a Chair Seat
- DIY Burlap Coffee Bag Bench
- Easy Fabric Slipcover Tutorial
- Custom Patchwork Chair
- Vintage DIY Reupholstered Chair
- Faux Fur DIY Office Chair
- Gorgeous DIY Headboard
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Cozy Square Crochet Plush Pillow
- Ikea Hemnes Drawers Flip
- Diy Wooden Coasters Wedding Favors
- Wine Advent Calendar – How To Make One
- Beer Advent Calendar – How To Make Your Own
- Picot Crochet Flower Lace Pattern
- Decoupage Clock
- Light Bulb Planter
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch