How to Upholster a Chair with Fabric
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If your home is in need of a chair makeover, try learning How to Upholster a Chair with Fabric. This DIY chair upholstery is quick, simple, and inexpensive. Chairs can often become stained, scratched, or just need a bit of extra style, and adding fabric to a chair will give you the decorative touch you're looking for in your home. Add to your chair makeover by sanding down and painting your chair a new color before using a staple gun to attach the fabric. You can even include some chair embellishments like decorative tacks to complete the look.
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
For more furniture projects, check out our collection of Fantastic Furniture: 24 DIY Furniture Ideas!
DID YOU KNOW?
Upholstery is the work of providing furniture, particularly seats, with padding, springs, webbing, and covers made of fabric or leather. Many DIY furniture projects involved reupholstering your furniture. The word upholstery is derived from the Middle English word upholder; this word references a tradesman who held up his goods.
A person who works with upholstery is called an upholsterer. Sometimes upholsterers have apprentices, often called an outsider or a trimmer. Traditional upholstery is a craft that has evolved over centuries for padding and covering seats, chairs, and sofas, before the development of sewing machines synthetic fabrics and plastic foam. Modern upholsterers use synthetic materials like dacron and vinyl, but in the past they used all sorts of materials, from coil springs to animal hair; and, it was done by hand, building upon each layer.
In the United States, Grand Rapids, Michigan is a center for furniture manufacturing and in England, Eaton, Nottinghamshire is also a well-known place for upholstery; these upholsterers continue to create or recreate many antique and modern pieces of furniture.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
It is amazing how the smallest things can make a big difference! This Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project is absolutely charming and you… Continue reading: "Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project"
- Lovely Upholstered DIY Ottoman
- DIY Burlap Coffee Bag Bench
- How to Upholster a Headboard
- Rescue and Reupholster Furniture
- How to Reupholster a Chair with Jeans
- How to Reupholster a Chair Seat
- Easy Fabric Slipcover Tutorial
- Faux Fur DIY Office Chair
- Vintage DIY Reupholstered Chair
- Upholstered DIY Headboard
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath
- Christmas Pesto Tree Bread
- Ritz Crackers Spiders
- Ghoulish Ghost Dip Cookies
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Autumn Inspired Mickey Cinnamon Rolls