This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Custom Patchwork Chair
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Here’s an easy DIY upholster project that anyone can tackle. If you’ve got an old chair that’s in desperate need of a makeover, then try this Custom Patchwork Chair trick. This is the perfect DIY makeover idea if you have an unusually shaped chair, since you can use this method on any kind of seat or arms. It’s also a fantastic way to use up old fabric scraps. Plus, it is so simple, you don’t even need to whip out a sewing needle! You could even use this method on an ottoman as well.
From the blogger: "My beloved upholstered kitchen chair kept tearing. I had repaired it once before, but the latest rip had me ready to place it at the curb. What it really needed was to be reupholstered, but that was way beyond my skill set. However, with a little bit of leftover fabric and some fusible web, I used my iron to "upholster" the chair. Not only did I fix the tear, I created a beautiful custom piece in no time flat. Sew or no sew, that's up to you..."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
Read NextHow to Reupholster an Armchair
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
"Did you make some denim cutoff shorts this summer? I certainly did. And that is how I wound up with a small pile of leg-less jean… Continue reading: "Nautical Wreath from Old Denim Jeans"
- How to Reupholster an Armchair
- How to Reupholster a Chair Seat
- Faux Fur DIY Office Chair
- How to Reupholster a Chair with Jeans
- Rustic DIY Ottoman Makeover
- Lovely Upholstered DIY Ottoman
- Rescue and Reupholster Furniture
- How to Sew Leather Slipcovers
- Easy Fabric Slipcover Tutorial
- How to Upholster a Chair with Fabric
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Hedgehog Papercraft
- Elephant Papercraft
- The Mullet Mirror
- Basic Crochet Animal Face Applique One Pattern For All
- Shamrock Salt Painting
- Llama Papercraft
- Pom Pom Bunny Paper Plate Craft
- The Amber Cowl
- God’s Eye Yarn Craft
- Diy Reusable Sponge Pattern