Custom Patchwork Chair
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Here’s an easy DIY upholster project that anyone can tackle. If you’ve got an old chair that’s in desperate need of a makeover, then try this Custom Patchwork Chair trick. This is the perfect DIY makeover idea if you have an unusually shaped chair, since you can use this method on any kind of seat or arms. It’s also a fantastic way to use up old fabric scraps. Plus, it is so simple, you don’t even need to whip out a sewing needle! You could even use this method on an ottoman as well.
From the blogger: "My beloved upholstered kitchen chair kept tearing. I had repaired it once before, but the latest rip had me ready to place it at the curb. What it really needed was to be reupholstered, but that was way beyond my skill set. However, with a little bit of leftover fabric and some fusible web, I used my iron to "upholster" the chair. Not only did I fix the tear, I created a beautiful custom piece in no time flat. Sew or no sew, that's up to you..."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Lovely Upholstered DIY Ottoman
- Faux Fur DIY Office Chair
- Oil Cloth Reupholstered Dining Chairs
- How to Reupholster a Chair with Jeans
- How to Make a Chair Cushion
- Gorgeous DIY Headboard
- How to Upholster a Chair with Fabric
- Rustic DIY Ottoman Makeover
- DIY Burlap Coffee Bag Bench
- Upholstered DIY Headboard
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Simple Grapevine Wreath For Valentine's Day
- Easy Sweater Mittens
- Rose Scented Massage Oil
- Poppy Seed Soap
- Valentine's Day Origami Boxes
- Exfoliating Sugar Scrub Bars With Essential Oils
- How to Grow Black Eyed Susans
- Modern Farmhouse Dining Room Table
- Heart Garland For Valentine's Day (+no Sew Version)
- Unicorn Hot Chocolate Bombs