Make a No-Sew Bandana Heart Pillow
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Learn how to make a pillow out of a bandana with this DIY tutorial. Make a No-Sew Bandana Heart Pillow that is budget-friendly, cute, and fun! If you are looking to make a unique DIY pillow, that is simple to make and easy to customize, this is the DIY project for you. This adorable no-sew pillow is heart-shaped, making it perfect for Valentine's Day. However, you can also make it in your favorite color for any time of the year or season. Get started today making this heart-shaped, homemade pillow!
From the blogger: "I love bandanas, they can be used for so many different things; tie a bandana around your head for a trendy boho look, sew them together make a huge picnic blanket or you can make this easy no sew heart pillow."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueFabric Crafts
Project TypeMake a Project
DIY Pillow Instructions
Place the bandanas on top of each other wrong side facing inwards, fold the bandanas in half and cut out a half heart shape.
Fold the hearts open keeping the two bandanas on top of each other. Use pinking shears to cut a fringe around the heart shaped bandanas. The fringe pieces should be at least 6.5 cm long and 2.5 cm wide. Anything shorter than 6.5 cm long will be difficult to weave and if the fringe is too long, you pillow will be a bit small. Fold the fringe over and make a small slit on the fold. You’ll use the slit to “weave” the edges of the pillow, so the smaller the better.
Tug gently to tighten. Continue weaving the fringe and periodically flip your heart over to make sure you haven’t missed any lonely little fringe pieces – you’ll end up with a wonky heart if you do. Leave the last five fringe pieces, stuff the heart and then finish off the pillow by weaving the last few pieces.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Boho Geometric Mudcloth DIY Decorative Pillows
- Denim Chevron DIY Cushion
- Make a No-Sew Bandana Heart Pillow
- Beginner DIY Pillow Tutorial
- DIY Rustic Burlap Throw Pillow
- Photo Transfer DIY Pillow
- Easy No-Sew DIY Pillow Covers
- Beginner DIY Pillowcase Tutorial
- Upcycled Napkin DIY Pillows
- DIY Quote Pillow
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Hard Dandelion Lotion Bars
- Plush Crochet Tablet Cover
- Cold And Flu Shower Steamers
- Knitting Machine Reversible Hat
- Handmade Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- Dog Leash Holder
- Puff Stitch Crochet Flower Pattern
- DIY Test Tube Planter Stand