Nautical Wreath from Old Denim Jeans
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Did you make some denim cutoff shorts this summer? I certainly did. And that is how I wound up with a small pile of leg-less jean bottoms! Tossing them made me feel guilty so it only made sense to use them for a fun, crafty purpose. Along with some pre-painted nautical wooden cutouts, this is how I re-purposed those denim bottoms into the perfect summertime door wreath. Add some grosgrain ribbon for a pop of color before hanging on your door."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Styrofoam wreath
- Old denim jean fabric scraps
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Straight pins
- Hot glue gun
- Pre-painted wooden cutouts
DIY Project Instructions
Cut strips from the denim jean scraps.
Wrap the denim strips around the foam wreath and secure each strip with a straight pin.
Use a wide section of the jeans to form a large bow. Glue together and wrap a piece of ribbon around to hold in place.
Cut two additional strips of denim to form the bottom of the bow. Glue a piece of ribbon to the bottom of each piece. Secure to the wreath form with straight pins (or glue). Add the large bow on top.
Make a handful of denim rosettes. (Please see my website for how to make these easy fabric flowers.)
Glue the denim rosettes and wooden cutouts to the wreath in a layout you like best.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Wickedly Easy Halloween Wreath
- Popcorn Kernel DIY Fall Wreath
- Unbe-leaf-able DIY Fall Wreath
- Cozy Christmas Holiday DIY Wreath
- Nautical Wreath from Old Denim Jeans
- Vintage Sweater to Valentine's Day Wreath
- Black Cat DIY Fall Wreath
- Burlap Bee Spring Wreath
- Holiday Puzzle Pieces DIY Wreath
- Gorgeous Sparkly DIY Wreath
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Thieves Oil Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Farmhouse Style Fabric Pumpkins
- Teardrop Earrings
- Pumpkin Spice Body Butter
- Pumpkin Peanut Butter Dog Treats
- Paper Cactus Crafts
- Homemade Bath Soaks With Dried Herbs & Oats
- Mason Jar Bathroom Storage Diy
- Upcycled Rope Vase