This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Nautical Wreath from Old Denim Jeans
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Did you make some denim cutoff shorts this summer? I certainly did. And that is how I wound up with a small pile of leg-less jean bottoms! Tossing them made me feel guilty so it only made sense to use them for a fun, crafty purpose. Along with some pre-painted nautical wooden cutouts, this is how I re-purposed those denim bottoms into the perfect summertime door wreath. Add some grosgrain ribbon for a pop of color before hanging on your door."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
- Styrofoam wreath
- Old denim jean fabric scraps
- Grosgrain ribbon
- Straight pins
- Hot glue gun
- Pre-painted wooden cutouts
DIY Project Instructions
Cut strips from the denim jean scraps.
Wrap the denim strips around the foam wreath and secure each strip with a straight pin.
Use a wide section of the jeans to form a large bow. Glue together and wrap a piece of ribbon around to hold in place.
Cut two additional strips of denim to form the bottom of the bow. Glue a piece of ribbon to the bottom of each piece. Secure to the wreath form with straight pins (or glue). Add the large bow on top.
Make a handful of denim rosettes. (Please see my website for how to make these easy fabric flowers.)
Glue the denim rosettes and wooden cutouts to the wreath in a layout you like best.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Red, White, and Blue Cute Summer Wreath
- Patriotic Necktie DIY Wreath
- Nautical Wreath from Old Denim Jeans
- 37 DIY Wreaths for Every Season
- DIY Mini Terra Cotta Flower Pot Wreath
- Burlap Bee Spring Wreath
- 19 Festive and Fun DIY Christmas Wreaths
- Unbe-leaf-able DIY Fall Wreath
- Inexpensive Faux Flower Wreath
- Black Cat DIY Fall Wreath
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Make Yardzee
- Mason Jar Lid Drink Coasters
- Beautiful Diy Textured Vase
- Papercraft Leprechaun Puppet
- How To Dye Easter Eggs
- Eater Egg Paper Craft
- Raised Square Crochet Blanket Motif
- Printable Space Coloring Page
- Patching Sewing
- Turmeric Infused Oil