This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
Holiday Puzzle Pieces DIY Wreath
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you're not a fan of spending hours attempting to finish a 500 piece puzzle, use those pesky pieces to create this Holiday Puzzle Piece DIY Wreath. If your puzzle has a funky pattern on it, grab some red, green and white paint and coat the pieces in Christmas spirit. Once dry, glue those bad boys in the design you want around a wire wreath. This isn't your average wreath, which will make this decor piece super unique and different from the rest. With a ribbon that screams Merry Christmas, hang your new masterpiece up in a place where everyone can enjoy it.
From the blogger: "Got puzzles that are old, no longer played with or missing one or two key pieces? Don't trash them! Turn them into the perfect crafting material with some spray paint and crafting glue. From puzzles picked up at a thrift store, learn how I transformed them into an iconic red, green and white holiday wreath adorned with a contrasting ribbon bow. Perfect for adding a fun and festive twist to a traditional holiday front door wreath."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Floral wreath
- Puzzle pieces
- Spray paint + primer
- Craft glue
- Wired floral ribbon
DIY Project Instructions
Lay the puzzle pieces out and give them a coat of primer.
Separate the pieces into three piles. Give each pile a coat of red, a coat of green and a coat of white paint.
Depending on the type of wreath you are using, possibly give the wreath form a coat of paint. Or, wrap the wreath with ribbon to cover the base material.
Glue the individual puzzle pieces onto the wreath form.
Leave a small section free from puzzle pieces in order to attach a large bow.
Stressing out about what to give your loved ones for Christmas? Well, nothing is better than a homemade holiday present. Give your friends and family any of these amazing DIY gifts this Christmas! Homemade Christmas Gifts: DIY Bath Products for the Holidays
Read NextGorgeous Sparkly DIY Wreath
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Gorgeous Sparkly DIY Wreath
- Quick and Sweet DIY Valentine Wreath
- Charming DIY Burlap Wreath
- 37 DIY Wreaths for Every Season
- Pinecone DIY Christmas Wreath
- Cozy Christmas Holiday DIY Wreath
- Holiday Puzzle Pieces DIY Wreath
- Bright DIY Holiday Wreath
- Puzzle Snowflake Door Wreath
- Pom Pom DIY Christmas Wreath
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Crochet A Blanket With Extended Half Double Crochets
- Printable Rainbow Templates
- Side Table Restoration
- Diy Valentine's Day Shaker Cards
- Free Printable Valentine’s Day Cards For Kids
- Easy Crochet Filet Blanket
- St Patrick’s Day Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Rose Coloring Pages For Kids And Adults
- Printable Zentangle Heart Coloring Page
- Free Printable Dinosaur Valentines