This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
Easy Watercolor Art DIY Banner Decor
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the blogger: "This is also an easy banner to make for a party. You can have so much fun with this art banner project. Make a bunch of different words and string them up together to create a motivational banner decor piece for your craft room. Or make multiples of the same word to hang as a decorative garland. You can also make mini banners to use for fun party decor."
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- White cardstock
- Watercolor paints and brushes
- Printable alphabet banner
- Twine or ribbon
- Glue or tape
DIY Project Instructions
Paint the paper with a watercolor wash and allow to dry. Add two colors to each page, making sure to apply the colors in order you want create your banner. In this case, it is a rainbow with the color so red (pink) and then orange, yellow, etc.
Print the alphabet letters on to the cardstock. Make sure to flip the paper in the right order so your printer prints on the colored side of your paper. it's recommended to test this on a blank page first. Resize the letters to create the banner size you’d like. For this project, these letters are printed at 70% of the original size.
Cut out each letter banner.
Lay all the letters out in order and then glue the twine to the front of each letter. Allow to dry.
For extra fun, use the leftover colored paper to make your own tassels and then glue the tassels to your banner.
Hang it up to display and enjoy!
Read NextWine Cork DIY Bulletin Board
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Feb 28, 2017
Love this project and I have all the supplies on hand. These would look lovely at a bridal or baby shower. Or, a feminine birthday party. Or anything, really! The instructions are easy to follow so even a beginner crafter can follow along and easily understand. Love this!
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Paint And Contact Paper Bookshelf Makeover
I saw a photo of a white bookshelf with a rustic wood back, and thought that would be the perfect way to update our laminate… Continue reading: "Paint And Contact Paper Bookshelf Makeover"
- Wine Cork DIY Bulletin Board
- In Wall Cabinets
- Vintage-Inspired Window Pane DIY Wall Decor
- DIY Abstract Art with Vegetable Oil
- How to Paint a Striped Accent Wall
- Upcycled Shirt DIY Canvas Art
- Easy Pallet Project DIY Wall Art
- Leather and Twig DIY Jewelry Holder
- Charming DIY Shadow Box Shelf
- How to Make a Gallery Wall
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Midsummer Headband
- Free Printable Farm Coloring Pages
- Summer Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Easy Copycat Wendys Frosty Recipe
- Cute And Colorful Red Bird Craft With Feathers
- Recycled Tin Can Fairy Wagon
- Large Bead Drogonfly
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Crochet Textured Granny Square Block