This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
Reusable DIY Fabric Bowl Cover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Fabric bowl covers are less wasteful than plastic wrap to cover leftovers. Create a personalized fabric bowl cover so that you can tote your side dishes to potlucks and barbecues in style. Make your own customized fabric covers with this easy and quick bowl cover tutorial. Or if you are like me, you probably like eating your soup outside, on the porch, at summer time. Then make your own customizable fabric cover with my Bowl Cover Tutorial. This way the bugs outside won’t be flocking to your food but the people will!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Read NextDIY Lazy Susan for Under $20
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Jun 01, 2017
The fabrics used in the photos are so pretty and elegant looking! While these will not be a substitute for plastic wrap,or a snap on lid type container, they are a nice alternative when you just want to keep your bowl covered, and let's face it, most bowls do not come with covers! Keep bugs out at a picnic, or keep your cereal or soup warm until you get to it, or even to store leftovers in the same serving bowl, these covers do serve a great purpose!
AFC Editor Annalis a
May 12, 2017
These are such a pretty and eco-friendly alternative to plastic wrap! They would make a nice housewarming gift that you can be sure no one else would think of.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.
Thank you for taking the time to improve the content on our site.
Project of the Day
Rustic Upcycled Succulent Planters
You don't need to spend a lot of money on new planters! If you'd like to add the shabby chic look to your home or office, then this… Continue reading: "Rustic Upcycled Succulent Planters"
- DIY Lazy Susan for Under $20
- Farmhouse Kitchen Caddy
- Hidden DIY Slide Out Pantry
- Industrial Pot DIY Rack
- Budget Friendly DIY Drawer Organizers
- Kitchen-Organizing DIY Island
- Easy DIY Plastic Lid Storage
- Kitchen DIY Storage Cabinets
- Life-Changing Kitchen Hanging Basket
- Kitchen Solution DIY Storage Shelf
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Crochet Moss Stitch Square Blanket Made In The Rounds
- Homemade Dishwasher Tablets
- Summer Activities For Kids: Throw A Pajama Party
- Printable Happy Birthday Cupcake Toppers
- Brett Haylee Scarf
- Gia Afghan
- Ocean Summer Waves Melt And Pour Soap Diy
- Ribbed Double Thick Crochet Square Potholder
- Easy Patriotic Sensory Bottles Diy
- Red White And Blue Layered Slush Recipe