Polishing your Silver Easily
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Polishing requires silver polish, the rag, water, and a toothbrush. Not to mention lots and lots of time! Working on that would take many days to finish, but this will make it easier. Note: If you use a casserole dish it takes a little bit longer as you will have to do several loads. Try using a 4qt pot with aluminum foil balled up and kept hot by heating on the stove. This method allows you to do quite a few pieces at a time."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteWeekend project
- Baking Soda
- A little salt (sprinkle)
- Boiling water
- Deep pan
Bring water to boil
Cover inside of pan with aluminum foil
Sprinkle baking soda evenly across the bottom of pan
Sprinkle a little salt on top of soda
Lay silver evenly across the bottom of the pan
Pour boiling water on top to cover the sliver
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Pantry DIY Door Organizer
- DIY Vintage Kitchen Canisters
- Kitchen-Organizing DIY Island
- Life-Changing Kitchen Hanging Basket
- Repurposed Fan DIY Storage Basket
- Kitchen Island DIY
- Convenient Magnetic Knife Holder
- 15 Clever Storage Ideas For Small Kitchens
- Farmhouse DIY Kitchen Island
- DIY Shiplap Island Trim
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread Recipe
- How To Carve Pumpkins For Halloween
- How To Make A Holiday Charcuterie Board
- Thanksgiving Turkey Brownies
- Fall Simmering Potpourri Recipe
- Crochet Sea Pen
- Diamond Blanket Wrap Knitting Pattern
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- How To Make A Hexagon Paper Box