DIY Wallpapered Kitchen Backsplash
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you want to add a bit of interest to your kitchen, but don't want the traditional tiled backsplash, then try a different kind of backsplash. This DIY Wallpapered Kitchen Backsplash is way easier than installing tile and looks stunning. You don't need an elaborate mosaic in your kitchen to add color. With some plywood, glass, and wallpaper of choice, you can have a quick and easy DIY kitchen backsplash for your home. This DIY home decor project will impress friends and family who visit. Try it and see how easy it is.
From the blogger: "I had a new kitchen recently installed and didn’t want the usual tiled backsplash for the cooker. I wanted something that was going to be a bit of a statement piece. Therefore when I come across some gorgeous Dragonfly wallpaper, I knew that was the one for my kitchen. A DIY backsplash (splashback) with wallpaper was the way to go. The wallpaper is protected with a piece of glass and is screwed to the wall. Plus you know what the really awesome thing about this DIY backsplash (splashback), is that it’s really easy to unscrew the glass and change the wallpaper when you feel like something different."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Wallpaper and paste
- Quality plywood
- Low iron glass
- Domed mirror screws
- Tile trim (optional)
DIY Project Instructions
Measure the area you want the backsplash. Get some plywood cut to the size.
Wallpaper the plywood with your chosen paper.
At the hardwood store order low iron glass the same size as your plywood with four holes drilled in the corner for screws.
Mark screw holes in the wall, drill and plug.
Using dome capped mirror screws, screw the glass and wallpapered plywood to the wall.
Add tile trim to the edge of the backsplash.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- DIY Cutting Board for More Counter Space
- Easy DIY Plastic Lid Storage
- DIY Vintage Kitchen Canisters
- Secret Storage DIY Cabinet
- Free Printable Recipe Card Template
- Genius Pantry DIY Storage Shelves
- Create a Functional Pantry
- Life-Changing Kitchen Hanging Basket
- Under Kitchen Sink Organization Idea
- Kitchen DIY Storage Cabinets
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat
- Hard Dandelion Lotion Bars
- Plush Crochet Tablet Cover
- Cold And Flu Shower Steamers
- Knitting Machine Reversible Hat
- Handmade Cat Hammock In 30 Minutes
- Dog Leash Holder
- Puff Stitch Crochet Flower Pattern
- DIY Test Tube Planter Stand