14 DIY Kitchen Wall Decor Ideas
These inexpensive kitchen wall decorating ideas will update and brighten your space.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
The kitchen is often one of the most overlooked rooms when it comes to wall decor.
It's understandable! It's often more important to spend time and money on things like new countertops, shelving, and appliances. The art that goes on the wall might become an afterthought.
However, we think putting up beautiful, eye-catching art in the kitchen is absolutely worth it.
A great piece of art in the kitchen can bring the design of the room together. It doesn't have to be expensive, and it's actually really easy to DIY a stunning piece of wall art for your kitchen.
Here are some of our favorite easy DIY kitchen wall decor ideas. Some of them are as easy as printing out a cute design, and others are perfect for crafters who love a bit of a challenge. All of these ideas are great if you are trying to save some money! Some of these projects are upcycled, and others just use affordable materials that you might already have on hand.
And be sure to scroll down for more great ideas for decorating a big blank kitchen wall. It can be a challenge, but we know you are up for it!
Lattice Design Painted Frame
Coffee Printable Art
DIY Vintage Window Chalkboard
Baking Pan DIY Wall Art
Sleek Metal DIY Menu Board
Creative menu boards are stylish and functional, and we love this chic metal version. This style of menu board would look great in a modern kitchen, but you could add a few vintage touches as well. This piece of DIY kitchen wall art will help you keep your weekly meal plan organized, while providing plenty of style.
Stained Wood Chalkboard Kitchen Sign
DIY Ice Cream Fridge Magnets
Easy Chalkboard Lettering DIY Wall Hanging
Julia Child Inspired DIY Pegboard
Colorful Kitchen Cool Clock Design
Rustic Coffee DIY Wood Sign
Heirloom Recipes DIY Framed Wall Art
Wooden Spoon Wall Art
Giving Thanks Free Printables
Remind yourself to practice gratitude with this lovely printable sign. Giving thanks before a meal (or while cooking) is a great way to remind yourself of all the good things in life.
Design Dread: What to Do With a Blank Kitchen Wall?
Deciding how to decorate a big blank wall can be one of the biggest DIY design challenges, especially if you are trying to stick to a budget. You need enough art to cover a large area, but it still has to look cohesive.
Not to worry! We have some great tips for decorating a blank kitchen wall. One of these ideas is something that my mom did in our kitchen when I was a kid. The decor is actually still up to this day, because it looks great! Try and guess which one it is, as you read these fun design tips for blank walls.
- Install decorative hooks into your kitchen wall and use them to hang pretty pots and pans, aprons, dish towels, and more.
- Love food magazines? Cut out your favorite pages and frame them using frames from the Dollar Store. Arrange them to make an inexpensive, food-themed gallery wall.
- Install a shelf and display your favorite cookbooks.
- Install a few shallow shelves and display an herb garden. You can also store cute grocery items here, like olive oil, fresh lemons, and sea salt.
- Install hanging baskets to store fresh fruit, vegetables, and bread.
- Or you can combine ideas 5 and 6 for a beautiful hanging basket herb garden, as shown below!
- Decorate your blank kitchen wall with thrifted vintage jello molds. The copper color makes for a cohesive design that really pops, and they are easy to hang.
Did you guess which kitchen wall decor idea is a favorite from my childhood? It's the jello molds! You might be surprised by the different shapes of jello molds you can find. My mom's collection includes various geometric shapes, a decorative bundt pan, a fish, and a lobster.
Yes, the lobster looks pretty weird. But we like it anyway.
Of course, you can also add any of the above cute kitchen wall decor ideas to your blank kitchen wall.
And be sure to share your best ideas with us in the comments below!
What DIY kitchen wall decor would you like to see more of? Let us know in the comments!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- DIY Vintage Kitchen Canisters
- Kitchen DIY Storage Cabinets
- Free Printable Recipe Card Template
- Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project
- Secret Storage DIY Cabinet
- Life-Changing Kitchen Hanging Basket
- Kitchen-Organizing DIY Island
- Cooking Utensil Faux Marble Upcycle
- Repurposed Fan DIY Storage Basket
- Farmhouse DIY Kitchen Island
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Cozy Square Crochet Plush Pillow
- Ikea Hemnes Drawers Flip
- Diy Wooden Coasters Wedding Favors
- Wine Advent Calendar – How To Make One
- Beer Advent Calendar – How To Make Your Own
- Picot Crochet Flower Lace Pattern
- Decoupage Clock
- Light Bulb Planter
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch
- Granny's Scrappy Placemat