DIY Tassel Key Ring
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "You can make a tassel keyring in minutes which makes them the perfect simple Mother’s Day gift idea. I am wrapping up Craft Lighting with this fun craft idea that older kids can make for mom. If you have missed any of the other 15 minute Mother’s Day crafts this week, be sure to catch up with day 1, day 2, day 3, and day 4. You will also want to scroll down to the bottom of this post to see what quick and easy crafts our blog partners have came up with today!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Estimated CostUnder $10
- Yarn (this project used variegated yarn)
- Key chain with clasp
- Ruler (optional)
DIY Project Instructions
Start by determining how long you want your tassel then double that length. Cut the yarn to that length.
Cut several strands to that same length. You want your tassel to be nice and full!
Put all of the strands through the hook portion of the keyring.
Pull the keyring to the center of your yarn pieces.
Cut another length of yarn (this one should be really long and you can trim it later).
Tie the yarn around the tassel as shown below. Then wrap it several times.
Tie it a second time with a double knot.
Trim all of the yarn to the same length (including these tie strings) with scissors.
Your tassel keyring is complete and ready for gift giving!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- How To Make A Lantern
- Monster Inc Painted Rocks
- How to Make Garden Storage: DIY Benches, DIY Storage Hacks, and More
- DIY Personalized Map Placemats
- DIY Granny Square Crochet Top
- DIY Stamped Air Dry Clay Bowls
- DIY Garden Ideas: 36 Garden Projects
- How to Bring Your Summer Herbs Indoors
- How to Teach Children to Help Harvest
- Growing, Harvesting, and Storing Garlic