Upcycled Jewelry Hanger
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "I’ve been holding on to this frame since 2013. It used to be attached to this old dresser, though it was clear that it did NOT belong there and literally fell off into my hands. It used to hold a spectacular old mirror that was in tremendously bad shape and though I tried very hard to save it the shattering was just too deep so I donated it to my wonderful aunt for her mosaics. I’ve seen many jewelry hangers online made out chicken wire and it didn’t take me long to put two and two together. I have a jewelry box (like most girls) but like with any box everything in it gets all tangled up together and I’ve been wanting a jewelry hanger ever since I made my mom hers out of a mirror. So, I got to work!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Old frame
- Paint and brush to apply it (or spray paint)
- Chicken wire cut to size
- Hand stapler (or air stapler) to apply chicken wire
DIY Project Instructions
Paint the frame in the color you choose - Use three coats of white then carefully sand off some of it to make the frame shabby chic.
Apply the chicken wire by first stapling it to the inside of the frame and then cutting off the excess.
Hang your new creation and cover it with your jewelry!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Revamped Lamp Project
- DIY Easy Paint Chip Beach Art
- Repainting Furniture Upcycle Tutorial
- DIY Storage Jars
- Thrift Store Pitchers Makeover
- Tall Skinny PVC Pipe DIY Wine Rack
- Rustic Produce DIY Box
- 38 DIY Shelves: The Ultimate Guide on How to Build a Shelf
- Bright DIY Circle Shelf
- Upcycled Jewelry Hanger
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath