This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
- see all comments
"Adding a scent would be perfect. Customize to the holiday or whatever. Yay."
"I use these baskets for Spring seedlings. Will remember this next time.Barbara Quinn"
Summer Burlap Table Runner
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Click here to view your Ideas.
Create a fun summer decor item for your patio table with this DIY Project. This Summer Burlap Table Runner is so easy to make and has a charming rustic look that invites you to the table. You only need the most basic of sewing skills for this project; it would be great for beginner sewers. Your burlap table runner will charm all who see it. The bandana at the end adds a splash of color and summer flair. Try this easy sewing tutorial for the perfect topper for your table this summer.
From the blogger: "A summer burlap table runner is perfect for parties, backyard barbecues, or just to keep on your table all summer long. I had the brilliant idea of adding a bandanna to one end! This fun idea is a quick and easy sewing project and will look great in your home. I love how easy this project is and the fact that it will look great at your summer parties."
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Project TypeMake a Project
- Burlap table runner (I used these 18 inch x 3 foot pieces that are finished on all sides)
- Red bandanna (or color of your choice)
- Sewing machine
- Straight pins
DIY Project Instructions
Start by cutting the bandanna in half.
Pin the raw edge along one end of the burlap table runner and gather it to fit. This way once you sew you will have a ruffled appearance on this end.
Sew along the pinned edge with your sewing machine removing the straight pins as you go.
Read NextCute Cardboard DIY Basket
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Thrift Store Pitchers Makeover
There is something so classic about a spotless white pitcher, but the price tag can be a real turn off. This Thrift Store Pitchers… Continue reading: "Thrift Store Pitchers Makeover"
- Cute Cardboard DIY Basket
- Thrifted Personalized Serving Tray
- DIY Retro Caned Candle Holder
- Ginormous DIY Chalkboard
- DIY Rainbow Desk Organizer
- Wooden Stir Stick Table Runner DIY
- DIY Abstract Painted Storage Boxes
- Elegant Floating DIY Shelves
- Charming DIY Farmhouse Shelves
- Upcycled Denim Pocket Organizer
Something worth saving?
- SAVE all your favorite ideas
- ADD personal notes
- QUICKLY reference your ideas
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Taco Tater Tot Casserole Recipe
- Midsummer Headband
- Free Printable Farm Coloring Pages
- Summer Gnomes Coloring Pages
- Easy Copycat Wendys Frosty Recipe
- Cute And Colorful Red Bird Craft With Feathers
- Recycled Tin Can Fairy Wagon
- Large Bead Drogonfly
- Free Printable Camping Coloring Page
- Crochet Textured Granny Square Block