We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "My husband wanted to throw his gaudy old gold lamp away but I knew with a little paint and a new shade it could be gorgeous!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Old lamp
- New shade
- Choice of paint plus a brush
- Twine (for wrapping certain parts of the lamp)
- Hot glue (or any type of gorilla or crazy glue would be fine)
- Painters tape
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the shade and bulb.
Tape off the cord so it doesn't get paint on it.
Paint the entire lamp (even the glass!)
Do three coats of paint on the lamp, letting each coat dry thoroughly.
Choose the parts of the lamp you want to wrap in twine and start by carefully gluing the end and then wrapping it tightly.
Once you have the piece covered in twine in the places you chose, secure the twine with more glue and hold it it firmly until it holds.
Put on the new shade, replace the bulb and plugin the lamp in, you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Aqua Sole Bracelet Design
- Venetian Bead Shop
- Watermelon Kiwi Popsicles Recipe
- Mango Strawberry Sugar Scrub Recipe
- Indoor/outdoor Planter
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Shea Butter And Colloidal Oats Whipped Soap
- Cotton Boll Wreath Diy
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble