We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "My husband wanted to throw his gaudy old gold lamp away but I knew with a little paint and a new shade it could be gorgeous!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Old lamp
- New shade
- Choice of paint plus a brush
- Twine (for wrapping certain parts of the lamp)
- Hot glue (or any type of gorilla or crazy glue would be fine)
- Painters tape
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the shade and bulb.
Tape off the cord so it doesn't get paint on it.
Paint the entire lamp (even the glass!)
Do three coats of paint on the lamp, letting each coat dry thoroughly.
Choose the parts of the lamp you want to wrap in twine and start by carefully gluing the end and then wrapping it tightly.
Once you have the piece covered in twine in the places you chose, secure the twine with more glue and hold it it firmly until it holds.
Put on the new shade, replace the bulb and plugin the lamp in, you're done!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Diy Box Shelves
- Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display
- Angel Wings DIY Wall Decor
- Designer Upcycled Desk Cady
- Copper and Leather Cup Holders
- Easy Etched Glass DIY Storage
- Headboard Repurposed Into a Coat Rack
- Amazing DIY Floating Corner Shelves
- DIY Love Heart Cork Board
- The Super Simple Scrap Wood Wall Organizer
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Washi Tape Ornaments
- Dollar Tree Fall Wreath Diy
- Repurposed Santa Treat Box
- Halloween Pencil Case
- Upcycled Dollar Store Pumpkins For Autumn Decor
- Diy Christmas Candy Wrapper
- Easy To Make Felt Gift Bags For Hanukkah Or Christmas
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath