This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "My husband wanted to throw his gaudy old gold lamp away but I knew with a little paint and a new shade it could be gorgeous!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Old lamp
- New shade
- Choice of paint plus a brush
- Twine (for wrapping certain parts of the lamp)
- Hot glue (or any type of gorilla or crazy glue would be fine)
- Painters tape
DIY Project Instructions
Remove the shade and bulb.
Tape off the cord so it doesn't get paint on it.
Paint the entire lamp (even the glass!)
Do three coats of paint on the lamp, letting each coat dry thoroughly.
Choose the parts of the lamp you want to wrap in twine and start by carefully gluing the end and then wrapping it tightly.
Once you have the piece covered in twine in the places you chose, secure the twine with more glue and hold it it firmly until it holds.
Put on the new shade, replace the bulb and plugin the lamp in, you're done!
Read NextDIY Curtain Rods
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
"I found an old drawer in a local dumpster and transformed it into some really handy storage for my bathroom. I loved the original old… Continue reading: "Upcycled Old Drawer Bathroom Storage"
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Gardeners Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- How To Make Beeswax Sheet Candles With Essential Oils
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Endless Summer Afghan Square