This project was submitted by one of our readers, just like you.
How to Make No Sew Basket Liners
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "Get organized this year and store all your bits and bobs in store-bought storage baskets with a custom basket liner. Use fabric in colors that match your decor or fit with your personal style to create your own basket liner. And learn how to make these custom fabric liners without the use of a sewing machine. Encourage the kids to pick up toys or walk into a more organized closet when the baskets are "pretty"!"
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueNo Sew Project
- Store-bought basket
- Measuring tape + sewing scissors
- Straight pins
- Iron-on hem tape
- Heat-n-Bond (or glue gun)
DIY Project Instructions
Measure the length and width of the basket. Add a few extra inches to the width for the fabric overlap. Cut the fabric accordingly.
Begin to pin the fabric onto the basket (if it already has a liner as mine did), starting at a side where the fabric overlap won't be visible. (Please refer to my site for how to secure the fabric to a basket that doesn't already have a liner.)
Apply Iron-on Hem Tape to the raw edge of the fabric.
Use Heat-n-Bond Tape to secure the fabric to the inside of the basket, assuming you are covering an existing basket liner. (Please refer to my site for how to secure the fabric to a basket that doesn't already have a liner.)
Read NextUpcycled Duct Pumpkin Craft
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Upcycled Duct Pumpkin Craft
- Easy DIY Bandana Throw Pillows
- Rustic DIY Silverware Holder
- Braided T-Shirt Rug Tutorial
- Rustic Produce DIY Box
- DIY Gift Bag Wall Art
- DIY Marbled Throw Pillows
- DIY Holographic House Sign
- DIY Driftwood Hanger for Necklaces
- Farmhouse Style Ruffled Pillow Case Sewing Tutorial
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Gardeners Melt And Pour Soap Recipe
- How To Make Beeswax Sheet Candles With Essential Oils
- Printable Summer Mandala Coloring Page
- Easy School Bus Craft
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes Recipe
- Solid Double Crochet Spiral Circle
- How To Knit Through The Back Loop
- How To Knit A Long Tail Cast On Photo Tutorial
- How To Wash A Skein Of Yarn Before Using
- Endless Summer Afghan Square