Ginormous DIY Chalkboard
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Craft a piece of home decor that will also keep you organized! Learn how to make a Ginormous DIY Chalkboard. Use it to leave notes between family members, leave important phone numbers, or make a seasonal design. The possibilities are endless with this homemade chalkboard. Plus, it's size makes it a project the whole family can enjoy using. Additionally, the rustic frame makes this DIY chalkboard blend in seamlessly with your other home decor crafts. Beautiful, chic, and fun, this DIY chalkboard is the perfect family-friendly project.
From the blogger: "I'm obsessed with the sheer size of this chalkboard. It's total overkill and I totally adore it. I want to show you how to make a ginormously huge chalkboard for your house too! I had all these dreams of encouraging words and Bible scriptures and "I love yous" on the chalkboard to greet my family as they came through the garage door every day. Instead the board is covered in signatures, scribbles, and autographs; and, you know what? It's just as meaningful. Every time we have friends or kids over, there is new writing on it and that makes my heart happy."
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueDIY Craft
- Wood for framing (I used old barn wood)
- Black chalk paint
- Painter’s tape
- Table saw
- Nail gun
DIY Project Instructions
Decide on the dimensions of your chalkboard.
Tape off the space with painter’s tape and roll on several coats of chalk paint.
Cut the pieces of the frame according to the chalkboard dimensions, and mitre the corners.
Attach the pieces directly to the wall with a nail gun. (This is much easier than assembling the frame on the floor and hanging it.)
Don’t forget the chalk!
Looking for more home decor ideas? This collection of 31 Amazing DIY Home Decor Ideas You Will Love will provide you room decoration ideas are truly incredible and unique, and can be personalized to fit the themes and current design motifs in your home. In this collection, you will find AHH-mazing decoration ideas for your walls, tables, couches, beds, windows, and even mantels. 40 Amazing DIY Home Decor Ideas You Will Love
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
If you have line dry clothes and a small laundry room, you know the struggle of finding room to put up a drying rack. This Small… Continue reading: "Small Laundry Room DIY Drying Rack"
- Diy Kitchen Sign for Less Than $10
- How To Makeover Your Curtain Rods Using Drawer Pulls
- DIY Rainbow Cheese Knives
- DIY Ladder Shoe Rack
- Recycle Wine Bottle into Bohemian Vase Decor
- Rustic Scrap Wood Sign Upcycle
- Transform Your Stairs With Wallpaper
- Rustic Circle DIY Shelf
- Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves
- Unique Yarn DIY Wall Hanging
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Christmas Craft – Easy DIY Joy Board
- Printable Free Halloween Label and Treat Bag Tops
- Halloween Boo Printable Art
- Printable Halloween Votive Lampshades
- Printable Halloween Flags
- Halloween Ghost Craft for Kids
- Kitchen Table Makeover Idea
- Before and After: $11 Thrift Store Desk
- Halloween Hershey Kisses Labels
- Printable Halloween Mini Hershey Wrappers