We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
It's always nice to have a space to display pictures, keepsakes, or family heirlooms; and what better place than some homey DIY shelves? This Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves project will show you every step to installing your own rustic shelves for all your home decor crafts. These homemade bookshelves are so simple to install, just get some quality wood, L brackets, and screws to get started! Look to the DIY tutorial for full step-by-step instructions on how to install your own rustic DIY shelves.
Note from the designer: "I wanted some very clean barnwood shelves for in my office so I got to work coming up with a plan to find hardware that I could easily hide. It turned out to be an easy project that provide ample room for all of my books!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Barnwood - I used 2x6s for this project.
- Steel L brackets
- 1 1/2" drywall screws
- 3" deck screws
- Level, pencil and measuring tape
- Stud finder
Start by locating your studs - depending on how long your shelves will be, I screwed my shelves to two.
Determine how much space you want between the shelves - I put my at 17 inches a part, looking back at them now I wish I had put them at 14 inches instead.
Using your level draw your lines where you want each shelf to be.
Screw in your L brackets to your studs using the 3" screws.
Place barnwood on top of the brackets - I pulled mine out from the wall a good 2" inches because a gap between the wall and the selves was no big deal to me and it increased the depth of the shelves for larger book storage. Screw up through the brackets into your shelf using the 1 1/2" screws. (Depending on the L brackets and screws you use you may need washers)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
This DIY planter idea is hands down the more adorable one out there. Just try to resist these Too Cute DIY Concrete Planters! They… Continue reading: "Too Cute DIY Concrete Planters"
- DIY Teacup Pendant Light Shades
- Entryway Wall Organizer
- Copper and Leather Cup Holders
- Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display
- Repainting Furniture Upcycle Tutorial
- Tall Skinny PVC Pipe DIY Wine Rack
- DIY Easy Paint Chip Beach Art
- Easy DIY Drawer Organizer
- Thrift Store Pitchers Makeover
- Easy Etched Glass DIY Storage
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Printable Rainy Day Coloring Page
- Christmas Craft For Kids – Rudolph Puppets
- Toaster Repurpose
- Printable I Spy Sweets
- Pumpkin Spice Doily Potholder
- Farmhouse Book Stack Craft
- Printable Fall Coloring Pages
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread Recipe
- How To Carve Pumpkins For Halloween