We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
It's always nice to have a space to display pictures, keepsakes, or family heirlooms; and what better place than some homey DIY shelves? This Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves project will show you every step to installing your own rustic shelves for all your home decor crafts. These homemade bookshelves are so simple to install, just get some quality wood, L brackets, and screws to get started! Look to the DIY tutorial for full step-by-step instructions on how to install your own rustic DIY shelves.
Note from the designer: "I wanted some very clean barnwood shelves for in my office so I got to work coming up with a plan to find hardware that I could easily hide. It turned out to be an easy project that provide ample room for all of my books!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Barnwood - I used 2x6s for this project.
- Steel L brackets
- 1 1/2" drywall screws
- 3" deck screws
- Level, pencil and measuring tape
- Stud finder
Start by locating your studs - depending on how long your shelves will be, I screwed my shelves to two.
Determine how much space you want between the shelves - I put my at 17 inches a part, looking back at them now I wish I had put them at 14 inches instead.
Using your level draw your lines where you want each shelf to be.
Screw in your L brackets to your studs using the 3" screws.
Place barnwood on top of the brackets - I pulled mine out from the wall a good 2" inches because a gap between the wall and the selves was no big deal to me and it increased the depth of the shelves for larger book storage. Screw up through the brackets into your shelf using the 1 1/2" screws. (Depending on the L brackets and screws you use you may need washers)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
If you tend to lose bills and papers in the clutter of your home, this picture frame project will come in handy. Check out this Cute… Continue reading: "Cute and Easy DIY Wall Organizer"
- DIY Fabric Storage Box Upcycle
- How to Paint a Designer Patterned Shed
- Succulious Mason Jar Storage Idea
- Easy $5 Fruit Basket Pantry Display
- Diy Frame Shelf
- Easy DIY Drawer Organizer
- Easy Etched Glass DIY Storage
- DIY Abstract Painted Storage Boxes
- Macrame Cord Crochet Round Basket With Handles
- DIY Storage Jars
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Super Easy And Quick Crochet Doily Placemat
- Shea Butter And Colloidal Oats Whipped Soap
- Cotton Boll Wreath Diy
- One For All Basic Crochet Finger Puppet Pattern
- Printable Desserts Word Scramble
- Printable Desserts Word Search
- Diy Vertical Faux Succulent Garden
- Diy Floral Photo Booth Frame
- Textured Canvas Wall Art
- Diy Frame Shelf