We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
It's always nice to have a space to display pictures, keepsakes, or family heirlooms; and what better place than some homey DIY shelves? This Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves project will show you every step to installing your own rustic shelves for all your home decor crafts. These homemade bookshelves are so simple to install, just get some quality wood, L brackets, and screws to get started! Look to the DIY tutorial for full step-by-step instructions on how to install your own rustic DIY shelves.
Note from the designer: "I wanted some very clean barnwood shelves for in my office so I got to work coming up with a plan to find hardware that I could easily hide. It turned out to be an easy project that provide ample room for all of my books!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueWood Crafts
- Barnwood - I used 2x6s for this project.
- Steel L brackets
- 1 1/2" drywall screws
- 3" deck screws
- Level, pencil and measuring tape
- Stud finder
Start by locating your studs - depending on how long your shelves will be, I screwed my shelves to two.
Determine how much space you want between the shelves - I put my at 17 inches a part, looking back at them now I wish I had put them at 14 inches instead.
Using your level draw your lines where you want each shelf to be.
Screw in your L brackets to your studs using the 3" screws.
Place barnwood on top of the brackets - I pulled mine out from the wall a good 2" inches because a gap between the wall and the selves was no big deal to me and it increased the depth of the shelves for larger book storage. Screw up through the brackets into your shelf using the 1 1/2" screws. (Depending on the L brackets and screws you use you may need washers)
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- DIY Fabric Wallpaper
- DIY Easy Paint Chip Beach Art
- Headboard Repurposed Into a Coat Rack
- How to Make a Wooden Star
- Rustic Chicken Wire Lampshade Makeover
- Anthropologie Knock-Off Vase DIY
- Amazing DIY Floating Corner Shelves
- Summer Burlap Table Runner
- Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves
- DIY Minimal Floor Mirror
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Cookies In A Jar
- Diy Christmas Tree Ornament
- Exfoliating Orange Slice Soap
- Lottery Ticket Christmas Napkin Holders
- Country Winter Wreath
- Dollar Tree Christmas Sign
- Pastel Colors Whipped Soap
- Picot Flower Doily Coaster
- Easy Air Fryer Pop Tarts
- Easy Christmas Sprinkle Cookies