DIY Ladder Shoe Rack
Learn how to make a DIY shoe rack with this fabulous tutorial!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you are the average female, you probably have lots of shoes (I know I do). If you need a place to keep those lots of shoes, then consider trying this DIY Ladder Shoe Rack. This DIY shoe rack can simply be leaned against a wall, and doesn't take up too much floor space. Along with high heels, this ladder rack is great for holding scarves or belts that are in need of a home. Making a ladder into a shoe rack couldn't be easier. Don't bother buying or making a shoe rack, just use an old ladder instead.
From from the blogger: "I had the perfect old ladder of my grandpa's stashed in a safe place just waiting for me to make into a ladder shoe rack for our master bedroom closet! I'm extremely happy with how this project turned out, I know have a place to hang all of my high heals, scarfs and wraps. It makes a great show case!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Jig saw
- Poly acrylic
- Felt furniture pads
- Paint brush
- Vinegar (or any cleaning solution)
- An old ladder
DIY Ladder Shoe Rack
First I measured my ceiling height so I could get as much height out of the ladder as possible.
It was a big ladder! I had to cut three rungs off of the bottom of it using my jig saw. I chose to cut the bottom off of the ladder (as opposed to the top) because the top had some cool, old rusty hardware that I definitely wanted to keep.
When I made my cuts I made sure to cut them at an angle as I knew the ladder would be leaning.
I brought the ladder inside and cleaned it up using just rags and white vinegar.
Once dry of the vinegar, I covered the entire ladder in one coat of flat poly acrylic.
I used felt pads on the bottom of the ladder's "feet" to help protect our hardwood floors, I also added the felt pads to back of the top of the ladder where it would be touching the wall.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Vintage suitcases are taking the upcycling world by storm. Just look at this Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet to see why! This… Continue reading: "Bathroom Upcycled DIY Medicine Cabinet"
- Easy Rustic DIY Wood Magnets
- Upcycled Denim Pocket Organizer
- Denim Rag Wreath DIY
- 38 DIY Shelves: The Ultimate Guide on How to Build a Shelf
- Rustic Mason Jar Wall Vase DIY
- Easy DIY Barnwood Bookshelves
- Cloud Toilet Paper Storage
- DIY Home Decor: 9 Home Decorating Ideas
- Darling DIY Sink Curtains
- Easy DIY Curtain Tie Backs
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Diy - Maleficent Staff
- Cinnamon Swirl Apple Bread Recipe
- How To Carve Pumpkins For Halloween
- How To Make A Holiday Charcuterie Board
- Thanksgiving Turkey Brownies
- Fall Simmering Potpourri Recipe
- Crochet Sea Pen
- Diamond Blanket Wrap Knitting Pattern
- How To Make A Single Crochet Solid Triangle
- How To Make A Hexagon Paper Box