DIY Ladder Shoe Rack
Learn how to make a DIY shoe rack with this fabulous tutorial!
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
If you are the average female, you probably have lots of shoes (I know I do). If you need a place to keep those lots of shoes, then consider trying this DIY Ladder Shoe Rack. This DIY shoe rack can simply be leaned against a wall, and doesn't take up too much floor space. Along with high heels, this ladder rack is great for holding scarves or belts that are in need of a home. Making a ladder into a shoe rack couldn't be easier. Don't bother buying or making a shoe rack, just use an old ladder instead.
From from the blogger: "I had the perfect old ladder of my grandpa's stashed in a safe place just waiting for me to make into a ladder shoe rack for our master bedroom closet! I'm extremely happy with how this project turned out, I know have a place to hang all of my high heals, scarfs and wraps. It makes a great show case!"
Estimated CostUnder $10
Time to CompleteIn an evening
- Jig saw
- Poly acrylic
- Felt furniture pads
- Paint brush
- Vinegar (or any cleaning solution)
- An old ladder
DIY Ladder Shoe Rack
First I measured my ceiling height so I could get as much height out of the ladder as possible.
It was a big ladder! I had to cut three rungs off of the bottom of it using my jig saw. I chose to cut the bottom off of the ladder (as opposed to the top) because the top had some cool, old rusty hardware that I definitely wanted to keep.
When I made my cuts I made sure to cut them at an angle as I knew the ladder would be leaning.
I brought the ladder inside and cleaned it up using just rags and white vinegar.
Once dry of the vinegar, I covered the entire ladder in one coat of flat poly acrylic.
I used felt pads on the bottom of the ladder's "feet" to help protect our hardwood floors, I also added the felt pads to back of the top of the ladder where it would be touching the wall.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Budget-Friendly DIY Mirror
- Yard Sale Frame to Fun Home Decor
- DIY Dollar Store Terrarium Hack
- Anthropologie Knock-Off Vase DIY
- Thrift Store Coffee Table Makeover
- Printable Farmhouse Art Decor
- Braided T-Shirt Rug Tutorial
- Rustic Mason Jar Wall Vase DIY
- Budget-Friendly DIY Roman Shades
- DIY Beachy Starfish Decor
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Easy Sharpie Jar Valentine's Day Gift
- Creative Gift Wrap Idea
- Chic Christmas Book Page Wreath
- Easy Candy Wreath
- Decorated Ladies Winter Gloves
- Homemade Holiday Gift Envelopes
- Festive Wine Cork Christmas Trees
- Crochet Christmas Tablemat
- Lemon Lavender Bath Salts
- How To Diy A Drawstring Pull - Cover Drawstring Ends The Cute Way!