DIY IKEA Map Lamp Hack
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With this DIY project you can turn something rather plain into a really interesting statement piece with just one small subtle change. In this case by adding a map. I made this with an IKEA lampshade as it comes flat pack making this DIY really easy but you can use any flat pack lampshade kit. You can use maps of your favorite holiday destinations or places that are important to you. Whatever you do it will definitely make your ceiling lamps more interesting when you look up."
Note from the blogger: "I love this lampshade hack so much I have made 2 so far one with a London street map and another with a world map. I plan to make some more as I have lots of ceiling lamps."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Lamp shade kit such as Ikea Rismon lamp
- Maps or map wrapping paper
- Decoupage glue
- Rotary cutter and mat
DIY Project Instructions
Measure the inside of your lampshade and cut your map to size.
Lay shade out flat and decoupage map on to it.
Make lampshade up according to the kit instructions.
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free recipes, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Swirly DIY Paper Flowers
- Not-Your-Average DIY Snow Globe
- Scribbler 3D Nano Printing Pen
- How to Keep a Christmas Tree Alive During the Holiday Season: Christmas Tree Tips
- Duck Brand Duck Tape
- Geometric Painted Tote Bag
- DIY Thanksgiving Table Runner
- Crochet Utility Mini Basket
- Floating Flower Candles Without Mold
- Thrift Store Coffee Table Makeover