DIY IKEA Map Lamp Hack
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
From the blogger: "With this DIY project you can turn something rather plain into a really interesting statement piece with just one small subtle change. In this case by adding a map. I made this with an IKEA lampshade as it comes flat pack making this DIY really easy but you can use any flat pack lampshade kit. You can use maps of your favorite holiday destinations or places that are important to you. Whatever you do it will definitely make your ceiling lamps more interesting when you look up."
Note from the blogger: "I love this lampshade hack so much I have made 2 so far one with a London street map and another with a world map. I plan to make some more as I have lots of ceiling lamps."
Time to CompleteUnder an hour
Primary TechniqueHome Decor
- Lamp shade kit such as Ikea Rismon lamp
- Maps or map wrapping paper
- Decoupage glue
- Rotary cutter and mat
DIY Project Instructions
Measure the inside of your lampshade and cut your map to size.
Lay shade out flat and decoupage map on to it.
Make lampshade up according to the kit instructions.
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive, partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Floating DIY Storage Shelves
Unique Geometric DIY Shelf Project
Affordable DIY Shoe Organizer
Cute Chalkboard DIY Command Center
Easy Upcycled Sweater DIY Box
How to Make a Gorgeous Twine-Wrapped Storage Box
House Shaped DIY Shelves
DIY Barn Door Under $10 in 30 Minutes
Rustic Wooden DIY Sconce Idea
Adorable DIY Makeup Storage
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- DIY Vertical Garden Tutorial
- Container Gardening Tutorial
- DIY Origami Newspaper Pots
- DIY Mini Plant Markers from Keys
- DIY Pest Control Garden Spray
- DIY Budget-Friendly Grow Lights
- DIY Easy Paint-Dipped Garden Tools
- DIY Plant Pot Herb Garden
- Growing and Caring for Succulents Tutorial
- How to Care for Fiddle Leaf Fig Plants