We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
Buying used and upcycling can be so satisfying; not only do you save big bucks, but you have the pride of knowing the finished product is your own handiwork. This Upcycled Antigue Wooden Dresser project does just that. Buying a brand new wooden dresser can cost hundreds of dollars. Doesn't a $20 used dresser that you sand down and refinish to look like new sound so much better? We think so, too. With a little wood stain and some elbow grease, you'll be upcycling your way to major savings!
From the blogger: "This old dresser was a find out in the barn, I loved how big and heavy it felt and I had the suspicion that it was probably walnut. I don't know which one of my grandparents' this piece belonged to but I am so glad I was able to keep it and make it beautiful again! I sanded the whole thing down instead of stripping it and it just about killed me, definitely should have stripped all of the funk and gunk off of it first. I felt like my arms were gonna fall off. I just sanded. And sanded. And sanded. *facepalm* The whole dresser probably has over ten hours of just me sanding into it. However, in the end, once I saw those beautiful tiger stripes across the drawers, my heart just soared and it was so worth it!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Sand paper and a sander
- Poly Acrylyc
After sanding the piece down to bare wood clean it well.
Apply new stain heavily with a brush and let it sit up to thirty minutes.
Wipe excess stain off with a towel.
Put three coats of poly acrylic on it, giving it time to thoroughly dry between coats.
Add new hardware.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- DIY Revamped Chair Set
- DIY Ladder Shelf Hack
- Easy Furry Footstool IKEA Hack
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
- Simple Scrap Wood DIY Laptop Desk
- How to Make a Daisy Table
- Vintage Rocking Chair Makeover
- Modern DIY Plywood Daybed
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Modern Wood Slice and Copper Side Table
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Diy: Succulents In A Bowl
- Is It On Or Off
- Ghosts, Goblins, And Ghouls Halloween Word Scramble Games
- 31 Scary And Cute Free Halloween Printables You Will Love!
- Diy Pom Pom Garland For Home Decor
- Thieves Oil Foaming Hand Soap Recipe
- Zipper Tabs Tutorial
- Farmhouse Style Fabric Pumpkins
- Teardrop Earrings
- Pumpkin Spice Body Butter