Sweet Country End Tables Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
You never need to buy new furniture when you can simply buy used and refinish. This Sweet Country End Tables Makeover tutorial demonstrates the transformative power of sanding, wood stain, and a new paint job. These DIY end tables went from boring, and a little quirky looking to absolutely adorable with just a bit of DIY elbow grease. When you refinish furniture, you get major value for the affordable price of used furniture that you can find at auctions, garage sales, or second hand stores.
From the blogger: "I picked this two old end tables up at an estate auction for a song and I couldn't wait to get them home and give them a sweet country makeover!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Sand paper and a electric palm sander
- Stain of choice
- Sealant of choice
- Paint of choice
- Paint brushes
DIY Project Instructions
Thoroughly sand the tops down to bare. Lightly sand throughout, also by hand, to make sure the primer adheres well.
Stain the tops using a brush and putting the stain on very heavy. Then wait for it to set twenty minutes before wiping it off with an old towel.
Wipe off the base of these tables too to make sure there were no stain spatters where you will be painting.
Prime the bases with two coats.
Paint the bases with two coats.
Use a satin poly acrylic for a sealant. Put two coats on over the painted parts as well as the tops of the tables for extra protection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- Layered Coffee Table DIY
- Gorgeous DIY Headboard
- DIY Plywood Coffee Table
- Entertainment Center Turned into a Bookcase
- Milk Can Easy DIY Table
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- Nautical Painted Stool Tutorial
- How to Paint Crushed Velvet Furniture
- Paint And Contact Paper Bookshelf Makeover
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Lilac Infused Toner For Acne Prone Skin
- Diy Tiki Torch Fuel For Mosquitoes
- Slipcovered Lampshade
- How To Make A Popcorn Crochet Flower
- Toilet Paper Tube Mermaid Craft For Kids
- Fun Printable Camping Bingo For Kids
- Dishwasher Cycle Not Working? Try This Before Calling A Repairman.
- Fun Solution For The Vertically Challenge
- Show Love & Support For Those Big Beautiful Blooms In Your Garden
- Diy Doggie Toothpaste