Sweet Country End Tables Makeover
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
You never need to buy new furniture when you can simply buy used and refinish. This Sweet Country End Tables Makeover tutorial demonstrates the transformative power of sanding, wood stain, and a new paint job. These DIY end tables went from boring, and a little quirky looking to absolutely adorable with just a bit of DIY elbow grease. When you refinish furniture, you get major value for the affordable price of used furniture that you can find at auctions, garage sales, or second hand stores.
From the blogger: "I picked this two old end tables up at an estate auction for a song and I couldn't wait to get them home and give them a sweet country makeover!"
Time to CompleteIn an evening
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Sand paper and a electric palm sander
- Stain of choice
- Sealant of choice
- Paint of choice
- Paint brushes
DIY Project Instructions
Thoroughly sand the tops down to bare. Lightly sand throughout, also by hand, to make sure the primer adheres well.
Stain the tops using a brush and putting the stain on very heavy. Then wait for it to set twenty minutes before wiping it off with an old towel.
Wipe off the base of these tables too to make sure there were no stain spatters where you will be painting.
Prime the bases with two coats.
Paint the bases with two coats.
Use a satin poly acrylic for a sealant. Put two coats on over the painted parts as well as the tops of the tables for extra protection.
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Tags / Related Topics
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
It is amazing how the smallest things can make a big difference! This Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project is absolutely charming and you… Continue reading: "Cabinet Door Chalkboard Project"
- Cool Beans Coffee Bar
- Painting Leather Furniture
- Milk Can Easy DIY Table
- Sweet Roses Mod Podge Dresser
- Farmhouse Style Coffee Table Makeover
- DIY Piano Makeover
- DIY Rustic Faux Wood Backed Bookcase
- Marvelous Marsala Fabric Drawer Storage Chest
- Unexpected Dresser into Shelves Makeover
- Layered Coffee Table DIY
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Batik Style Prayer Flags Using Glue
- Free Christmas Printables
- Easy Halloween Paper Wreath
- Cereal Box Tombstone Diy For Halloween
- Diy Halloween Skull Wreath
- Christmas Pesto Tree Bread
- Ritz Crackers Spiders
- Ghoulish Ghost Dip Cookies
- Rock Painting Flowers For Kids
- Autumn Inspired Mickey Cinnamon Rolls