Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
This desk has gone through a magnificent transformation. This Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station project took a vintage desk that looked ready for the curb and transformed it into a beautiful, repurposed coffee station. With a bit of new hardware, a new paint job, and an added shelf, this rundown old desk was given new life. You can create your own amazing furniture makeover by using this project as inspiration. Keep your eyes open the next time you pass a garage sale or second hand store; you might find a gem like this one.
From the blogger: "Standing in the kitchen I explained it to Joe, “I would love one of those old dry sinks that they used to have in butler’s pantries!” I showed him lots of pictures etc and my husband did his wonderful nodding and supporting thing. Well, it just so happened that very next day (on my way home from work) I passed a garage sale. I’m not gonna stop. Was that a little black desk? I certainly shouldn’t stop. I turned my car around. I’ll be quick! The little black retro desk was just hanging out, looking beat up and sporting a big red sticker on it with a price tag of $5! Sold!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Screw/electric screw gun
- Wood cut to size to create shelf
- Black paint
- Chrome spray paint
- Poly acrylic seallant
- New Hardware
DIY Project Instructions
After cleaning and sanding the desk down, flip it over and cut a piece of bead board to serve as a shelf for the center.
Using a 2x2 for a support across the front (there was already one in the back) screw the new piece of bead board down and this little desk was no longer a little desk.
After giving the entire thing two coats of glossy black paint, put on two coats of sealant as well - paying extra attention to the top.
Unscrew the legs and spray paint them in chrome spray paint and then replace all of the hardware with chrome pulls.
Once in place, a great wicker basket can create even more storage!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
Project of the Day
Whether you have a bunch of pencils or office supplies this Cute DIY Recycled Storage Container is the perfect way for you to store… Continue reading: "Cute DIY Recycled Storage Containervideocam"
- Blue French Dresser Makeover
- Paint And Contact Paper Bookshelf Makeover
- Kitchen Storage from a Broken Chair
- DIY Indoor/Outdoor Paint Can Stools
- Easy Vintage Nightstand Makeover
- Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station
- Leather DIY Ottoman Makeover
- Upcycled Denim and RoadMap Floor Lamp
- DIY Denim IKEA Crate Footstool with Storage
- Thrifted Table DIY Ottoman
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Solve Your Organizing Hang-ups
- Halloween Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
- Edible Outer Space Play Dough
- Easy Curled Ribbon Ornaments
- Diy Fabric Mason Jar Lid Ornaments
- Easy New Year's Eve Poppers
- Diy Wintry Epsom Salt Jars
- Attractive Wall Hanging From Paper
- Frame From Newspaper
- Pop Art Serving Tray