Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station
We are adding the idea to your Ideas.
The idea was added to your Ideas.
This desk has gone through a magnificent transformation. This Retro Desk DIY Coffee Station project took a vintage desk that looked ready for the curb and transformed it into a beautiful, repurposed coffee station. With a bit of new hardware, a new paint job, and an added shelf, this rundown old desk was given new life. You can create your own amazing furniture makeover by using this project as inspiration. Keep your eyes open the next time you pass a garage sale or second hand store; you might find a gem like this one.
From the blogger: "Standing in the kitchen I explained it to Joe, “I would love one of those old dry sinks that they used to have in butler’s pantries!” I showed him lots of pictures etc and my husband did his wonderful nodding and supporting thing. Well, it just so happened that very next day (on my way home from work) I passed a garage sale. I’m not gonna stop. Was that a little black desk? I certainly shouldn’t stop. I turned my car around. I’ll be quick! The little black retro desk was just hanging out, looking beat up and sporting a big red sticker on it with a price tag of $5! Sold!"
Time to CompleteWeekend project
Primary TechniqueFurniture Projects
- Screw/electric screw gun
- Wood cut to size to create shelf
- Black paint
- Chrome spray paint
- Poly acrylic seallant
- New Hardware
DIY Project Instructions
After cleaning and sanding the desk down, flip it over and cut a piece of bead board to serve as a shelf for the center.
Using a 2x2 for a support across the front (there was already one in the back) screw the new piece of bead board down and this little desk was no longer a little desk.
After giving the entire thing two coats of glossy black paint, put on two coats of sealant as well - paying extra attention to the top.
Unscrew the legs and spray paint them in chrome spray paint and then replace all of the hardware with chrome pulls.
Once in place, a great wicker basket can create even more storage!
Free projects, giveaways, exclusive partner offers, and more straight to your inbox!
Your Recently Viewed Ideas
- IKEA Rast Hack DIY Night Stand
- Metallic IKEA Hack Bar Shelves
- DIY Couch IKEA Hack
- DIY Desk Makeover
- Before and After: $1 Thrift Store Desk Chair
- Stunning Marbled Ikea Chair Hack
- Modern Wood Slice and Copper Side Table
- Bookcase Turned Into a Coffee Station
- How to Paint Crushed Velvet Furniture
- Old Jewelry DIY Drawer Pulls
Our Newest Ideas & Articles
- Easy Air Fryer Pumpkin Hand Pies
- Cozy Square Crochet Plush Pillow
- Ikea Hemnes Drawers Flip
- Diy Wooden Coasters Wedding Favors
- Wine Advent Calendar – How To Make One
- Beer Advent Calendar – How To Make Your Own
- Picot Crochet Flower Lace Pattern
- Decoupage Clock
- Light Bulb Planter
- Watermelon Slice Sunglass Pouch